What are you doing today?

Started by enjenjo, April 23, 2010, 04:57:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

enjenjo

Thanks George, I book marked that.

They actually made it too short the second time, but the slip joint has enough room to work since there is not much movement between the transfer case and the transmission. I installed it today It fit fine.

I started on another transmission adapter today, and I have come up with a new rule. Rule 1  No matter how big your tools are, they are just slightly too small for the next project. :shock:
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

phat46

Quote from: "enjenjo"Thanks George, I book marked that.

They actually made it too short the second time, but the slip joint has enough room to work since there is not much movement between the transfer case and the transmission. I installed it today It fit fine.

I started on another transmission adapter today, and I have come up with a new rule. Rule 1  No matter how big your tools are, they are just slightly too small for the next project. :shock:
I could have gotten you a good deal on a bigger drill press...
The die shop I retired from is moving and selling off equipment. A couple weeks ago they sold a HUGE radial drill press about ten feet high, I could walk under the spindle. It must have weighed at least 2000 pounds. After being advertised for weeks they took $1500 for it.

348tripower

Try cutting those drive shafts off with a BIG tubing cutter. It gives a nice clean edge and is at a perfect right angle to the tubing.  No need to use a lathe. I did put the yoke end in the lathe to remove the excess tube and get a good undercut for welding it back together. I used a  long piece of 1/2 inch flat stock to line up the ends to keep them parallel when putting it back together.
Don Colliau

Crosley.In.AZ

waiting.  Heat- a/c  tech guy to be here this morning.  to repair the Heat-pump.

40*F outside.  Not bad in the house. My wife has been fighting a sinus - cold deal for over a week.  A chilly house is not helping her.  We have smalll room heater, and the oven is used too
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

UGLY OLDS

Quote from: "Crosley"waiting.  Heat- a/c  tech guy to be here this morning.  to repair the Heat-pump.

40*F outside.  Not bad in the house. My wife has been fighting a sinus - cold deal for over a week.  A chilly house is not helping her.  We have smalll room heater,
Quoteand the oven is used too

Careful using the oven for heat ... They eat a lot of oxygen without anyone realizing it .......Maybe leave a window open a little for air   :?:  :idea:

Bob..... :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "UGLY OLDS"

Careful using the oven for heat ... They eat a lot of oxygen without anyone realizing it .......Maybe leave a window open a little for air   :?:  :idea:

Electric stove,  Bob.

Only natural gas in the neighborhood is me
Tony

Mikej

Quote from: "Crosley"waiting.  Heat- a/c  tech guy to be here this morning.  to repair the Heat-pump.

40*F outside.  Not bad in the house. My wife has been fighting a sinus - cold deal for over a week.  A chilly house is not helping her.  We have smalll room heater, and the oven is used too

Leave the door shut on the oven -  bake cookies and bread all day. That will keep her warm and keep oxygen:) ok in the house...........:)

UGLY OLDS

Quote from: "Crosley"
Quote from: "UGLY OLDS"

Electric stove,  Bob.

Only natural gas in the neighborhood is me

Just wanted to make sure .....Good friends are hard to find & are worth keeping an eye on ..... 8)

Bob.. :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

Crosley.In.AZ

Disc brakes on Econoline spindles.  Back on to this project , I shelved it about 2 yrs ago.

use of guide lines from a fellow :  Roger.  Carnut knows him  as I recall?

Setup would not fit. Rotor disc was too close to bracket.  No room for brake inner pad. Shave down the pad material provided space, seemed like wrong method.

Performed long search for different rotor with offset more to my needs.  Found Mustang rotor, 1996 to 2003 ?? ...   I bought rotor for 2000 Mustang.

Machine work to fit rotor over the hub. Enlarge wheel stud openings to fit the studs in the hub.

.060 shim to move caliper bracket out from spindle to center the rotor in the caliper.  Fits well . now.

Drag car only. Not much IF any street use.  Straight axle I was given from an old dragster from local known racer
Tony

jaybee

Quote from: "OldSub"I'm laying in a hospital bed hoping to be released today.  No hot rod projects the last few months and won't be again for a few more, but I'm recovering from cancer so its not a bad thing!

OldSub, I'm VERY glad to hear you're in recovery mode. Cancer scares are right at the top of the bad list.
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)

chimp koose

My disc to econoline spindles was a $9.99 speedway weld on bracket for 3" axle tube for a GM metric caliper . Aerostar awd  rotors . A little cutting , drill 2 holes to match the spindle  . Machine two 1/2" spacers to space the caliper out to the rotor . looks good fits fine .

enjenjo

Quote from: "jaybee"
Quote from: "OldSub"I'm laying in a hospital bed hoping to be released today.  No hot rod projects the last few months and won't be again for a few more, but I'm recovering from cancer so its not a bad thing!

OldSub, I'm VERY glad to hear you're in recovery mode. Cancer scares are right at the top of the bad list.

I hate to tell you OldSub passed away shortly after he made that post.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Crosley.In.AZ

gave the ol 1959 Triumph some attention today.  Rolled it into the yard.  Blew off and out a  large amount of dirt n dust.

I am thinking : single seat in rear, roll cage, tube chassis with front axle out in front of the car, large tyres half tucked in the body
Tony

idrivejunk

Quote from: "Crosley"gave the ol 1959 Triumph some attention today.  Rolled it into the yard.  Blew off and out a  large amount of dirt n dust.

I am thinking : single seat in rear, roll cage, tube chassis with front axle out in front of the car, large tyres half tucked in the body

Too many doors for drags... Jeep frame it? Four big not huge tires, low center of gravity, alter wheel openings to jive, and go freak people out at autocross events!
Matt

chimp koose

Crosley , the triumph needs to be a low rider . Chrome reverse wheels , diamond tuck velvet inside , smoked windows , side pipes , and wild metalflake !