28 days on the road

Started by 32coupe, March 23, 2010, 04:30:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

river1

Quote from: "32coupe"

Warning, warning, this is what happens when you go to a garage scene without a rod, and you take a slab of beer and don't have to drive home

thanks for the warning as it sure made you ugly :shock:
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

Fat Cat

Quote from: "river1"
Quote from: "32coupe"

Warning, warning, this is what happens when you go to a garage scene without a rod, and you take a slab of beer and don't have to drive home

thanks for the warning as it sure made you ugly :shock:

It's not the beer's fault. He always looks like that.

32coupe

I got the parts to fix the coupe this morning and dropped them off to the shop that will be fitting them to the diff and thought that it was time to do some more touristy stuff, after all we are on holliday.

This ship is in a park just along the side of the road on the way to the whale world.

This one is the last working whaler in  Australia, now at Whale world.

They even let Mummbles have a drive of it, after all it has been beached for quite a while.

This skelaton is of a Pigme blue whale, it's only 50ft long and the big ones grow to 112ft

After all the touristy stuff I rang the diff shop and my diff was ready so...........

We picked it up and wasted no time in gettin' back in the coupe, now I'm happy again.
If you can\'t fix it with a hammer, you\'ve got an electrical problem

cr55

Wow, what a great trip that must have been!!Thanks for sharing the pics...CR

32coupe

The trip isn't over yet, we still have 5500ks to go before we get home in 10 days time

32coupe

OK, OK I know I've been slack with the photos, but boy have been having a great time.

On our last night in Albuny we had to visit one ore shed.

Lots of interesting stuff in there I'll tell you.

This is the house that Ripper lined up for us, 4 bedrooms and a carport big enough for all the rods.

We went down to the car wash, and who was there??????

Ripper manages the car wash, so I got a cheap wash for the coupe.

Then we hit the road back to Perth on Friday morning, but this time we wanted to find a small friendly country pub to stay in, so we had a bit of a pub crawl untill we found the right one.

Nice, but still a bit too far from Perth.

Ahh, just right, so we stayed and had a few drinks.

The reason we wanted a pub not too far from Perth was so we could head over to Kwinana , for the drags

And I can tell you now, we weren't disapointed.

There was the biggest field of blown outlaws I have ever seen.

This Harley carried the front wheel to 3/4 track and pulled a 6.90 pass

Jay Upton was still having problems with his new bike and could only get a 6.90 and that was with him backing off and peddeling it a few times.
This is going to be one hell of a fast bike when he gets it sorted

Even the tow buggies are tough over here

And I got to meet some of the locals, boy there friendly over here :D  :D

32coupe

Got up late on Sunday and washed the coupe again, I've never had to wash it this much before, but today we are off to a local cruise so it has to look presentable.

I found this guy just down the road, so I decided to follow him there, he looked like he knew where he was going.

When we got there, there was quite a lot of rods, they told me they usually only get a few, must have been all those east coast guys :wink:

We went for a cruise all over the place, nice city this, but the coupe has developed an allergy to city traffic and started to over heat again.

And it just couldn't take it any more and just after we had cruised trough a busy street full of sidewalk cafe's the top radiator hose blew off, luck there was no one on the side walk where it happened.

After that I forgot to take any more photos and had to calm my nerves with a few beers, as you do.

I did meet a nice bloke who offered to open his shed up again and throw a few snags on the BBQ for us, so who am I to refuse an offer like that?

We had a top night of bench racing and lined up another shed to see tomorrow.

32coupe

Another day, another shed, when is it going to end??

Neville's got a few 34s

Do you think he likes blowers? :D  :D

He even has a roadster in the back shed

Oh no, not another shed......................

This guy only has 2 rods. :wink:

Who said Ardun's were hard to find?

Hey, maybe I need some of this stuff :D  :D

39deluxe

Great stuff. I wouldn't know which to work on first.

Tom

32coupe

well it's finally over, after 28 days 4660ks on the road and lots more on the train, we are back home. I can't wait to spend a night in my own bed again, and the beer in my own fridge tastes somehow better than I remember :wink:

This is the last photo I took in WA, at the train station just before it was loaded for the 4330ks trip back to Sydney. The trip only took 3 nights 4 days and * loads of beer  :D  :D

Can't wait to do it again in 6 years :wink:

Rocket