28 days on the road

Started by 32coupe, March 23, 2010, 04:30:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

32coupe

Every other year here in Australia we have a regional nationals that is held somewhere out of the ordinary and this year it's in a little place called Busselton in western australia aboout 100m south of Perth

A while ago a bunch of us talking over beers decided we should go, after all it's only a 5000mile round trip, what have we got to loose?

We are taking 28 days to do the trip, but not all of that will be the nationals most of will be an adventure and a holliday

I started off in Canberra, Steve and Caroline started of in Sydney and Allen and Dyonne started off in Marrar, which is just outside of Wagga.

Ok who wants photos??

Look who we bumped into at Macca's for breakfast on Sunday morning in Yass, Steve and Caroline from Sydney.

Seeing as we have all week to get to Adalaide we stopped for coffee in Cootamundra, the town was full of grasshopper, there seems to be a plaige of them at the moment

When we got to Marrar, we found this guy with a blown bigblock on LPG in need of a quick tune up.

After a quick road test and smiles all around it was time to open a beer............or two :D

After a good nights sleep it was time to hit the road again, this time with 3 blow LPG rods :wink:

Guess what?  Time for coffee again, this time in Narranderra.

And a couple of hours later we hit Deniliquin and go in search of The shiek, Steve he"s a friend of ours

Lucky steve is not that hard to find and this is where we are staying tonight, and I have already found his fridge  :D  :D  :D
If you can\'t fix it with a hammer, you\'ve got an electrical problem

32coupe

photo time again

We droped into Southern rod and custom in Deniliquin, WOW what an eye opener

The Deni locals put on a BBQ for us as well

And today we hit the road and ended up a Dave and Donna's new place near Castlemaine for a coffee

Then a bit further down the road, we dropped into Mr Cool's place in Maryborough, for yet another coffee

And now we are at Mike's place in Wilaura and finally I can get a beer :D  :D

cr55

Looks like you're having a great time!...Keep the pics coming please.. :D ...CR

bucketmouth

Gee there's three blokes with cars just like those on two other forums I've been on today. You guys should meet up :lol:
Well it will be good to see you guys when you get to my side of the country.
To put it in perspective it's like driving from New York to San Fransisco.
Have a safe trip guys and I'll see ya in a week.
I maybe from down under but I know which way is up.
Oh hell there goes another head rush.

HotRodLadyCrusr

You're drinking alot of coffee lately.  I don't remember that.....I only remember you drinking beer.
Your topless crusn buddy, Denise

Looking for old good for nothing flathead heads to use for garden project.

purplepickup

Great pictures...keep 'm coming. :D  

I love long road trips and seeing yours just as spring is starting here is a pleasant break from our late winter weather.    

I can tell you're having a ripper of a time.  Thanks! 8)
George

grazza

Quote from: "HotRodLadyCrusr"You're drinking alot of coffee lately.  I don't remember that.....I only remember you drinking beer.

I noticed that D', when viewing the other 2 Forums B/M was on about. Guess the coffee explains why it's a 28 day trip to cover a 5 day drive. Lots and lots of 'Wee' stops alond the way perhaps?  :roll:   :lol:
Have fun Andrew and the rest of you as well.
Graeme
My Mind Is A Dangerous Place
I Should not be allowed to wander through there alone

32coupe

We had a great BBQ at mikes and after dark retired to the lounge room to do catch up with a bit of computer stuff.

Count the laptops..........................

And the next day this is what we woke up to, a little bit of drizzle.

Today we hit the great ocean road and by the time we got to Lorne, it was a great day.

And still great when we got to Apolo bay.

We got a couple of rooms at a nice Motel and sat back and relaxed

Today we hit the great ocean road again and stopped off to check out some big rock things, these are the 12 aposiles, but there are not 12 left now, they keep falling down.

We stopped at Port Fairy for lunch, boy this road trip stuff is hard to take.

And now we are in SA, told you we would make it.

Made a last minute phone call and got in touch with a bloke in Mt Gambia, and guess what? It turns out he is the treasurer of Oz-e-rodders, so we are staying here tonight.

Tomorrow we will get into Adelaide and have a couple of days before we need to hop onto the train, more relaxing, did I say that this road trip stuff is hard?

TJ's Dad

Quote from: "HotRodLadyCrusr"You're drinking alot of coffee lately.  I don't remember that.....I only remember you drinking beer.

It's ok Denise , once Andrew got to my place in busy downtown Willaura (there's only us 3 mangy dawgs n a Pub here  :wink: )
I put him back on the straight and narrow  :wink:

The "club Spirit " was consumed with gusto ..... he'll be ok for a few days !! or should that read he'll be ok in a few days ??  :lol:

Andrew gave us a rundown on his US trip explaining each pic , it was great ..... fortunately that was early as later he was talking  Braille !!  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

It was great to have them here for a night , all nice fun people.
I\'d rather a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomomy !!!

ASRF Life Member

VHRA Member.

32coupe

Ok we finally made it to Adelaide.

We did take the long way though, it's only 1200km from here to my house, and we did it in 2155km instead, but boy it has been fun.

And just to think we are only 6 days into the trip

But before we left Mt Gambier we were told that we just had to check out the "Blue Lake", it was overcast when we were there, but the locals told us it gets a lot Bluer on sunny days.

Back on the road, and for the first time on our trip it started to rain, and this is what happens when your in a rush to get your ride registered before you take it on a 2000km cruise to test it out.

One of the wipers decided not to play nice, so off it came :wink:

Lunch in a strange town again, this time we had subway, and wouldn't you know it we parked in a no alcohol zone.

Then a bit more down the road we found this place, but the owner was out to lunch.

He  came back and we got to check out the shop truck.

And some of the customer cars

Have you ever looked at the air conditioners on the roof of industrial buildings and wondered if you could squeeze one into your shed?? :D  :D

And now we're in Adelaide enjoying a beer and a BBQ

Tomorrow we head out to check out some speed shops and rod shops, then go on the Zipple cruise

32coupe

Saturday morning in Adelaide and time to was 2155km of road grime off the rods

Steve got to the hose first and I just had to wait.

We went exploring and look what we found

And boy did they have some nice stuff in there

They even had them hanging from the ceiling

Then we found this place just around the corner

But all the "good" stuff was in the engine shop across the road

And you think I drink a lot, those decorations are made from stubby lids

See what I mean, took him 9 years and he's still going

Then on the way home we dropped in by the sea side

Tonight we head off to join the Zipple cruise, so more photo's tomorrow

enjenjo

Looks like you are having quite a time.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

purplepickup

Quote from: "32coupe"
And you think I drink a lot, those decorations are made from stubby lids
Man, there's lots of memories....or forgotten memories, in those stubby lid chains. :shock:

Thanks again for the pics.  Nice rodder's travelogue.  
I sure would like to spend some time there one of these years.
George

39deluxe

Thanks for the pictures. Looks like a great trip.

Tom

32coupe

HI all
Sorry for my absence the last couple of day, I couldn't get on the net on the train, so now I'm going to make up for it

Sunday we got up and drove through the hills of Adalaide to the Birdswood museum, got prime front row parking.

Does anyone have a few spare million, you might just have enough to buy these 4 cars

Before...........

After, who said they were rare??

They even had the perfect car for Mummbles

They even know how to fit LPG to a blower

And who was it that was wondering where this thing ended up?

This is a cool little pub just across the road from the museum

After the museum we cruised back into town and headed strait for the train station.

The train guys tried everything they could to squeeze Al's tudor onto the lower deck of the car wagon, but it just wouldn't fit, so......

They just put it up top.

And they didn't even bother with mine, we just put it up top as well.

And this is hard work this crossing the nullabore

Could you imagine driving through this?

Or this?

The train stopped in Cook, so we raced back to check on the rods, all fine here

Al sniffed out some old tin, we just couldn't convince the train guys to let us bring in onto the train as hand luggage.

Made it to Perth and found 32V8's place, and most of all his beer fridge

Shortly after this nice 32 showed up, he must have heard the stubbies being opened

Then this guy showed up

And after a quick BBQ we went for as walk around the corner and found this place.

Al found some more old tin, he liked this one and wanted to take it home.

I was happy, I found Phil's beer fridge

And bugger the old tin, I wanted to take these home :D