Speedweek 2009

Started by WZ JUNK, July 23, 2009, 05:52:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WZ JUNK

Hooley and I (mostly Hooley) are getting everything ready to head west to the salt flats.  We want to invite all of you to join us.  If you plan to attend we normally pit on the front row near the far end of the pits.  We should be either in our pit, in line to run, or hopefully in impound.  Wherever we are, stop by for a visit.

Come and join us for some fun in the sun.

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

bucketmouth

9 long days to go,can't wait to leave our unusauly cold and wet weather.
WZ finding you guys isn't that easy, like you said " We should be either in our pit, in line to run, or hopefully in impound. Wherever we are, stop by for a visit" that's a lot of walking you know. That's nearly like looking for a needle in the haystack :roll:
What was that question you wanted to ask?
Any updates on the weather, no rain lately?
I maybe from down under but I know which way is up.
Oh hell there goes another head rush.

Leon

We're scheduled to arrive Friday, should be working the course this year.  I'll stop by after my shift. (hope they only have me working mornings)

WZ JUNK

Here is what are support vehicle looks like.  It is the same Dodge truck we used last year.  This year I added a push bar to the front as we will not have Sumners 1FATGMC to use.  A friend of ours lets us use this truck to go to Bonneville.  It is an incredible trailer pulling truck.

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck

HotRodLadyCrusr

Myself, Nick (AKA Malcolm) and Nick's Dad Gary will arrive on the Salt by 10am Friday morning.  We'll look for you.  

This past weekend in Salina Kansas there was a guy wearing one of Hooley's orange t-shirts.  He said he bought it at the HAMB Drags cuz he liked the Stude.

See ya guys there!
Your topless crusn buddy, Denise

Looking for old good for nothing flathead heads to use for garden project.

Charlie Chops 1940

Phil and I spent yesterday afternoon and today in the Colorado Springs area.
We went up Pikes Peak yesterday and hiked Garden of the Gods this morning and drove up to the town of Victor near Cripple Creek. had a great bar burger and fries in the only bar in town an then drove the 25 mile gravel Gold Camp road back to the Springs. We're staying with a cousin of his but will be heading towards Blanding tomorrow.

Beck - we got a guided tour Thursday morning by one of the curaters at the Speedway Museum. I'll tell you all about it at the salt. We also spent some time with Dwight Bond in Gibbon, NE.

Charlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

wchappo

Charlie,now i'm really jealous,pikes peak,speedway museum etc.its great to see that you are keeping a healthy lifestyle,hiking followed by a nice greasy burger & fries,if it was me it would have been 3 greasy,s, :roll: then again, i have no won't power,good to see that you've got the retirement organised right,mean while i'll just put up with the cold,but am playing with the coupe & camper getting ready for my annual trip to Valla Park resort another 2 mnths & its warm,have a great trip, Chappo (the roadsters ready as well, if you can make it)

purplepickup

I have some last minute things to do to the truck (u-joints and brakes) but I should be in Wendover by the 7th.  Right now I'm making a trailer hitch so I can take my pit bike along.

Sounds like you guys are having a good time Charlie );b(
George

WZ JUNK

We are in the process of loading.  Everything looks good to go.  We should arrive on the salt Wednesday afternoon.  Pit set up and tech will be Thursday if all goes well.  

Sumner called and he will meet us on the salt.  He should be easy to spot at the bend in the road.  I am sure it will be the only sailboat at the bend.

Have a safe trip everyone.  

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck

dragrcr50

Ill see you guys tuesday morning when you stop to get hooleys new clean fire suit.................. be safe
ownerWoodard racing and hot rod shop in mustang oklahoma. My  specialty is gassers &  nostalgia race cars , love the salt,

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "WZ JUNK"
Sumner called and he will meet us on the salt.  He should be easy to spot at the bend in the road.  I am sure it will be the only sailboat at the bend.

John

Is there that much water on the salt?

:wink:  :wink:
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

purplepickup

Quote from: "Crosley"

John

He remembers 2007.....
George

Charlie Chops 1940

We're in downtown Pagosa Springs tonight. We were going to try the Cimmaron Pass between Lake City, CO and Silverton but we found it had a trailer prohibition after we went 20 miles down the gravel road. Even though it's the Mullins Red Cap trailer we decided not chance it.

Did 4  mountain passes today, the infamous Wolf Creek last. We'll be over in the Blanding area tomorrow, hoping to find a nice wilderness camping spot for at least one night.

Charlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

Jbird

Pagosa Springs..... Did they import some oxygen up there this year? There sure wasn't much up there last year. After walking from the gas pump twenty yards to the store and back then filling up the bike I had to debate whether the risk of passing out due to lack of oxygen was worth the forty yard walk for the buck sixty in change I had coming. Beautiful country indeed.

I was watching the Discovery channel last night and I'm pretty sure I saw Hooleys Stude on their speedweek documentary. It was only for a nano second but it was the only orange Hawk on the salt. Be safe guys.
 Jbird 8)
A biblical plague would come in real handy just about now
Badges? Badges? We don\'t need no stinking Badges!!
Team Smarts official dumbfounder
The first liar ain\'t got a chance

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "purplepickup"
Quote from: "Crosley"

John

He remembers 2007.....

I was there in 2007 ....  the water at the end of the road was deep in areas.  Thankfully we were in a rental car.  :lol:
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)