NSRA Springfield, MO

Started by alchevy, May 11, 2006, 11:29:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

n.c.rodder

Glad you had a good trip. Good car, good trailer, there's no stopping you now is there? Oh ya, you'll probably run out of beer money! :wink:  :b-d:

Mike
Till we meet - On the street

Charlie Chops 1940

Quote from: "n.c.rodder"Glad you had a good trip. Good car, good trailer, there's no stopping you now is there? Oh ya, you'll probably run out of beer money! :wink:  :b-d:

Mike

I won't let him run out of beer money...that's what friends are for.

I'm sure glad the trailer pulls good cuz I'm gonna follow it for a few weeks in August. We'll be heading for Louisville and then points west for about 3 weeks. I'll get to spend all those redeemable husband points for all the work I'm doing on the house.

See most of you guys in Indy.

Charlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

alchevy

It was a good car show. Had 2,257 registered, a new record for it. Missed winning something on Sunday by one number. I have almost 20,000 miles on my '40 Chevy. I got a chance to talk to the folks at Haywire about my sometimes works, sometimes it don't electric fan wire. Was told to check the wires going to the lower relay, push them out and re-solder them. I will try that. Not good to be sitting in traffic with no fan running. Happened to me on the way there and we found that wiggling the wires/fuse block would make it come back on.
I took a bunch of pictures and they will be up on my site soon. I saw 3 cars that I wanted pictures of, but I decided to wait until later. When later came, I could not find them: Saw a pickup cruisin' by that had '40 Chevy car front sheet metal on it. Saw a '40 Chevy Sedan and was a dark purple color with lots of flames. Saw a '34 Chevy Coupe that was red with silver fenders.
AL
A street rod is a vehicle made before 1949 that is modified with modern stuff: bigger motors; newer trans; updated suspension, front & rear; a/c.
Following is a street rod plus definition: No known definition because it changes.

www.astreetrodder.com

Roadstar

Glad to hear everyone had a good time.

Ken you are the MAN. Putting all those miles on you coupe and towing the trailer. Too cool man, see ya somewhere soon.

Jokester

Got back late Sunday night.  No problems other than running a little warm with the A/C on.  Enjoyed seeing "the junk boys", Hooley, OBT, and others whose names escape me.

Missed you 40.  Never even saw your car.  Looked for it all weekend.  That red and silver 34 chev was at the same motel we were.  Very nice car.  I don't think I got any pics of it though.  If I did I'll let you know.

Great show and great to re-meet old friends.  I know the guy that won the HHR.  Before the drawing he was complaining about not having enough space for cars in his garages.  Don't know what he'll do now.

.bjb
To the world you\'re just one person; but to one person, you might be the world.

alchevy

Quote from: "Jokester"Missed you 40.  Never even saw your car.  Looked for it all weekend.  That red and silver 34 chev was at the same motel we were.  Very nice car.  I don't think I got any pics of it though.  If I did I'll let you know.

My car was parked in the back lot where the shade was at on the first row about midway Saturday & Sunday. On Friday, it was between the first & second rows.
A street rod is a vehicle made before 1949 that is modified with modern stuff: bigger motors; newer trans; updated suspension, front & rear; a/c.
Following is a street rod plus definition: No known definition because it changes.

www.astreetrodder.com