NSRA Springfield, MO

Started by alchevy, May 11, 2006, 11:29:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alchevy

This will be my first visit to this event, so tell me about it. Is there a traditional RRT spot like at Louisville? Are there any shady spots to look for to grab? Or is it all on a parking lot?
AL
A street rod is a vehicle made before 1949 that is modified with modern stuff: bigger motors; newer trans; updated suspension, front & rear; a/c.
Following is a street rod plus definition: No known definition because it changes.

www.astreetrodder.com

1FATGMC

Quote from: "Ohio Blue Tip"Springfield or bust! :lol:
First time out pulling my anchor. 8)
See ya all there.

Hey Ken I was suppose to be there, but was there about 3 weeks ago and can't afford to go back this soon.  It would have been great seeing you and the rest of the guys/gals.

The car looks great even with the anchor behind it  :wink: .

Are you going to be out here in August?  Hope so :D .

c ya, Sum

WZ JUNK

Quote from: "40chevy"This will be my first visit to this event, so tell me about it. Is there a traditional RRT spot like at Louisville? Are there any shady spots to look for to grab? Or is it all on a parking lot?
AL

North side of the fairgrounds has trees and grass.  South side has lots of asphalt and the vendor buildings.  We bring our own shade.  Friday we should be along the south chain link fence near the east end of the faigrounds.  Saturday we will be just at the edge of the asphalt near the top of the hill on the south side of the fairgrounds.  Look for the "Johnny's Speed Shop" truck.

See ya,

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

alchevy

Leaving at 6am in the morning (Thursday) to cruise up there.
AL
A street rod is a vehicle made before 1949 that is modified with modern stuff: bigger motors; newer trans; updated suspension, front & rear; a/c.
Following is a street rod plus definition: No known definition because it changes.

www.astreetrodder.com

alchevy

Made it up to Springfield in good time. Lots of neat rods up here.

www.astreetrodder.com

Nick32Vic

Where leaving at 8 am! Cant wait!

WZ JUNK

Just checking to see that everyone made it home okay.  It was a busy weekend for me as I spent most it being a salesman.  I guess it was okay though as I should be rid of the truck later this week.

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

Nick32Vic

Got home just fine. No more Coil problems. That Petronix flame thrower coil seemed to fix it. I took my part store coil off, John, and it said "external resistor required"

So you basically saved my weekend Mr. Kimbrough. It was great talking to you, your brother and your buddies, as always.

40chevy, man................Where you really there or just playing a joke on us? I looked high and low for your car but never saw it once. I am rather dissapointed

Ohio Blue Tip

Got back about 5 Monday afternoon.  Great trip and sure enjoyed the company of all.  Thanks John and Sam for the shade.
Some people try to turn back their odometers
Not me, I want people to know "why" I look this way.
I\'ve traveled a long way and some of the
roads weren\'t paved.

Ken

Ohio Blue Tip

Quote from: ":Are you going to be out here in August?  Hope so :D .

c ya, Sum[/quote

Ya, plan to be out in august.  Don't plan on missing another Bonneville.
roads weren\'t paved.

Ken

Nick32Vic

Check out this rad picture i took!

alchevy

Quote from: "Nick32vic"40chevy, man................Where you really there or just playing a joke on us? I looked high and low for your car but never saw it once. I am rather dissapointed

I was there. I came by your car several times, but couldn't find ya. My car was over in the shade in the grassy area the whole time.

www.astreetrodder.com

n.c.rodder

Quote from: "Ohio Blue Tip"Got back about 5 Monday afternoon.  Great trip and sure enjoyed the company of all.  Thanks John and Sam for the shade.

So how did the trailer pull? Any problems?
Till we meet - On the street

slocrow

Quote from: "n.c.rodder"
Quote from: "Ohio Blue Tip"Got back about 5 Monday afternoon.  Great trip and sure enjoyed the company of all.  Thanks John and Sam for the shade.

So how did the trailer pull? Any problems?

Yes, I'd like to know also............... :?:
Tell the National Guard to mind the grocery store...

Ohio Blue Tip

Great trip and car show.  The trailer pulled fine, ran about 65, could have run 75, bumped it up to 85 once and all was good.  Got about 15 miles/gallon.  Rig stopped good.  A/C cycled on and off, need to work on that tomorrow.  Need to install the cruise control to relive the old leg.
Nick, nice picture at speed ya got.  40 chevy caught me getting in for a ride with Hooley.
Had a great time with all the boys, 40 chevy, jokester, nick, the junk boys and all the others. ( you know I struggle with names, (OLD))
I hit a front axle and CV joint at about 70, found no damage yet, I was in the fast lane and trapped, then I seen it, looked like rubber, at about 5 feet I saw the splines and knew what it was, BANG, stooped and found no damage, lucky!
See ya all at Indy.
5200 miles on the coupe so far this spring, life is good.
roads weren\'t paved.

Ken