NSRA Springfield, MO

Started by alchevy, May 11, 2006, 11:29:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alchevy

A street rod is a vehicle made before 1949 that is modified with modern stuff: bigger motors; newer trans; updated suspension, front & rear; a/c.
Following is a street rod plus definition: No known definition because it changes.

www.astreetrodder.com

WZ JUNK

Quote from: "40chevy"It's two weeks away.

I am ready.  I need a couple of days off.

John

http://purplesagetradingpost.com/sumner/hooley/hooley-2005.html
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

EMSjunkie

Ya'all have fun.  8)  :)

any of ya coming to the Rocky Mountain NSRA meet the end of June?

Vance
"I don\'t know what your problem is, but I bet its hard to pronounce"

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders
Member, National Sarcasm Society  "Like we need your support"
*****Co-Founder  Team Smart*****

WZ JUNK

Quote from: "EMSjunkie"Ya'all have fun.  8)  :)

any of ya coming to the Rocky Mountain NSRA meet the end of June?

Vance

I would like to but June means Indy Goodguys for me.  It is a tradition.

John

WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck

Jokester

Quote from: "40chevy"It's two weeks away.

I'll be there.  Car's in the shop today for A/C work, but surely will be ready by then.
To the world you\'re just one person; but to one person, you might be the world.

Nick32Vic

HOLY COW!!!!! Not even close to being ready over here!

The list of things to do is longer than my left leg. haha.

Im super excited though. Need to get away from school and work and have some good ol fashion fun!

We're stayin at Econo-Lodge I believe. Seems to be where most everyone else is stayin too. (junk brothers, atch, etc....)

Looking forward to finally meeting you Mr. 40Chevy and Jokester.

alchevy

Nick, I think we met at Louisville, but I was only around the RRT area for a little bit. Maybe I just saw your car and figured out which one you were.
AL
A street rod is a vehicle made before 1949 that is modified with modern stuff: bigger motors; newer trans; updated suspension, front & rear; a/c.
Following is a street rod plus definition: No known definition because it changes.

www.astreetrodder.com

Sean

Quote from: "Nick32vic"(junk brothers, atch, etc....)

Speaking of Atch...

I am building what amounts to a giant Fan Shroud for a 1800 hp Diesel Generator at the local VA Hospital. 150" tall and about 100" wide, to supply outside air to the Radiator. The Radiator alone is 80" square!

!/2 hour into the job, and who wanders into the room? Atch... Turns out he is the project manager for this particular job so I guess in a way, I'm working for him for a few days.

I haven't seen him do anything besides wander around talking about hotrods, so apparently he has an excellent job... :wink:

Jokester

We're stayin at Econo-Lodge I believe. Seems to be where most everyone else is stayin too. (junk brothers, atch, etc....)

Looking forward to finally meeting you Mr. 40Chevy and Jokester.[/quote]

We're staying at Comfort on the southeast corner of town.  We usually park on the loop near the NSRA inspections if there's a spot.  Look for us in the burgundy 33 Chevy 2 door sedan.

.bjb
To the world you\'re just one person; but to one person, you might be the world.

alchevy

I just found out this afternoon that my group is staying at the LaQuinta. I will be in my brown '40 Chevy.
AL

www.astreetrodder.com

alchevy

Went over to a friend's house (dcool on this forum) this afternoon and we put the seatbelts in the back seat. The plan was for us (him, his son, & I) to go in the '40 up there. After we put the seatbelts in and his son tried it out and assured us he was going to be ok with riding back there for 8 hours with no a/c, but with his DVD player, we decided that there wasn't going to be enough room for our suitcases and stuff. So he is taking his regular pickup too. Now we have more than enough room. But we still needed the seatbelts and will use them when we ride from the motel to the car show.
AL

www.astreetrodder.com

Bib_Overalls

I'm watching the weather real close.  Right now they are predicting a chance of rain Thursday and Friday.  With an open roadster ya gotta be flexable.
An Old California Rodder
Hiding Out In The Ozarks

WZ JUNK

Quote from: "Bib_Overalls"I'm watching the weather real close.  Right now they are predicting a chance of rain Thursday and Friday.  With an open roadster ya gotta be flexable.

No use watching the weather forecast.   I can tell you from years of experience that it will rain sometime over the weekend and maybe more than once.  Bring your umbrella and a coat, maybe a rainsuit, but plan on being there.

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck

alchevy

That sounds a lot like our trips to Louisville, just face up to the fact that it's going to rain at least one time while there.

www.astreetrodder.com

Ohio Blue Tip

Springfield or bust! :lol:
First time out pulling my anchor. 8)
See ya all there.
Some people try to turn back their odometers
Not me, I want people to know "why" I look this way.
I\'ve traveled a long way and some of the
roads weren\'t paved.

Ken