RRT 2005 California tour

Started by enjenjo, March 20, 2005, 07:55:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DRD57

Quote from: "purplepickup"A car that was for sale for $13,500.  No dents, no rust, the flathead ran perfectly and it had a nice fresh interior and new tires.  A few of us wanted this one

Y'all had your chance.  :D  :D  :D

Grandadeo

Ah, the first hint I've seen that the ford was in fact purchased.  Been keeping my mouth shut in case it was a secret or something.
Salt Is Good... Mk 9:50

Elmo Rodge

It was good seeing you Midwesterners and Arizoniacs again. You too Norm. By the way, that shot of Don is the best. No *. Wayno

Carps

Quote from: "hotrodbob"Thanks to all that came over. See ya next year!!!!!!

Next year?

Just tell me when and I'll block out the dates!

Good to see Bob and Sylvia made it, guess I'll at least get to hear the stories and see the photos, which may go some way to make up for the dissapointment and frustration that's been my year so far.
Carps

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift.

purplepickup

Quote from: "Carps"Good to see Bob and Sylvia made it, guess I'll at least get to hear the stories and see the photos.
We all had quite a few chances to talk to Bob & Sylvia.  They're good people. :D   They were real excited about their trip to the US.  One night we sat around at Don's shop sipping some suds and listened to stories of their adventures in the east and midwest.  It sounded like they crammed a lot into their trip and were definitely having fun.  I'm sure California was a nice topper to their trip. :D

Quote from: "DRD57"
Quote from: "purplepickup"A car that was for sale for $13,500.  No dents, no rust, the flathead ran perfectly and it had a nice fresh interior and new tires.  A few of us wanted this one

Y'all had your chance.  :D  :D  :D
LOL :lol:  Don, you were all over that '48 like a Tsunami.

If you'd have passed on it, a couple of us would have been digging out our secret stash dollars too...and prolly had to fight over it :D

That's ok....I think a fat fendered car was one style missing in your collection anyway. :wink:
George