Which glass '32 roadster body should I buy?

Started by MattM, February 14, 2005, 03:59:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beck

I was checking out the ducecustoms.com sight. How does the US dollar compare to the Australian dollar? What is the exchange rate? Anyone have an idea what it costs to ship a body to the US? It's probably cheaper to buy one from GMT. That would be a great excuse to take a vacation to Australia though! If 5 to 10 guys got together they could load one of the ocean going truck trailer boxes with bodies and split the shipping cost.
Beck

X38

Beck, $1AUD = approx $.70USD

It's floating exchange rate so it can vary, but it is in your favour.

GMT already imports.

Deuce Customs also suppies to Coddington (eg. all his Goodguys giveaway cars are Deuce customs bodies)

As GMT already do it, why go to the trouble?

On the other hand come over, load 'em up, have fun. There is a queue though so don't expect to pull 'em off the rack - order ahead.

Our countries now have a free trade agreement. Got no idea how that will affect import/export costs.

I'd guess buying from GMT would still be very competitive for the quality.

BTW, GMT advertises in Street Rodder

Thanks!...Looking forward to seeing the additional photos! I have never built a glass car but that 36 roadster really has my attention! I do not see that particular body on the GMT website but assume he has access to it?I shot them an e-mail inquiring about availability.I have looked at the 36 roadster bodies made in the US...let's just say "No Thanks" :roll:
"The one who dies with the most friends wins"

Beck...If you are serious about the container...I would consider 2 bodies and would have no trouble finding a home for a couple more 32's.
"The one who dies with the most friends wins"

nzsimon

Mine is a kiwi made body by Osbourne productions in Napier I looked at the Duece customs one and while their gel coat finish was way better mine had much better steel out door hanging etc and it was cheaper again

$7300 NZD which at the time was about $2.50 USD the exchange rate has moved somewhat since then  :roll:
Just because it\'s written down doesn\'t make it true

X38

Good thing about the 36 is you can get a complete 36 (or 5) four door for minimal$ and do a body swap. Go from there. Throw in a front and rear upgrade from chassis Eng. or similar and you've got it made.

You will need to source windshield posts.

The 32 Tudor/sedan delivery is also nice as is the 34 coupe and tudor.

kroozn

Ken Brownlee has been one of my shop visitors from OZ.  
Great guy and builds a super nice glass body.

Unless your doing the body work yourself you are not going to save much, if any, money buying a cheap body.

You will end up paying some body shop ( my address is available ) to reinforce the body, fit the panels and make a poorer body nice.

Carl