What are you doing today 2016?

Started by enjenjo, December 30, 2015, 07:08:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "UGLY OLDS"
Quote from: "Crosley"
Quote from: "UGLY OLDS"Tony .. Do you have the frame in a jig or frame table or is it not necessary ??

Bob..  :wink:

I took the car off the frame table last week. It had been there since january 2007

Does welding crossmembers & etc off the table cause any twisting or other alignment issues ??

Bob.. :wink:

I am going with the thought:  since there is a 10 point cage and that is attached to the Morris body shell.  Little movement of the chassis will happen.  

I needed to get the car off the frame table before january 2017. It was time.  It was a goal. The car likely will never run or be any way near finished while I own it. Sometimes a person must accept the obvious.  LOL
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

chimp koose

KB 426 ,I too have over 1000 car magazines and my wife convinced me to store them properly . I have them in upright filing cabinets , each in its own hanging folder . Now they don't get the covers torn off . I probably have 100 magazines with no covers on them . I have 2 4drawer and 1 3drawer filing cabinets with my magazines in them . What is really neat is that I am looking at them way more now as I don't have to stack and unstack big plastic totes full of mags to find one particular issue . I have them more or less organised by title but not the year or month . I also told my wife that when I go I want you to make a big bon fire out of these to send them my way . Nobody wants these things and I wouldn't want to task my family with finding a new home for them.

WZ JUNK

I finished up a project today that I have worked on and off on for a long time.  I made a fiberglass center panel for the 54 Chevy dash and a fiberglass glove box door.  The center panel covers the opening for the original speaker grille and the ash tray. Yesterday I painted them and today I installed them on the dash.  They match the fiberglass instrument cluster that I made for the car previously.  The latch on the glove box door is one that you push on the door and it springs out, then you pull down and it releases from the magnet that holds it.  

You can see my cup holders in this photo and if you look closely on the bottom of the dash is my Bluetooth speaker that is my music system. (I may change its location later.) It is tied to my iPhone and the speaker is removable so that you can take it out of the car.  I really like it.  It allows me a limitless variety of music of my choice.  Here is more information.  https://www.amazon.com/JBL-JBLCHARGE3BLKAM-Waterproof-Portable-Bluetooth/dp/B01F24RHF4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1482978462&sr=8-1&keywords=charge+3+jbl+speaker

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

kb426

TEAM SMART

58 Yeoman

Looks very good...like it's factory.
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

chimp koose

l fixed the fork lift damage to the trailer today . I also started to make the top brace that supports the top edge of the lower panel under the trunk lid . I next need to drill and tap 4 holes for that support and then make an upright from the lower cross brace up to it. I will be using a remote trunk latch from an 06 buick that I had parts from and the center upright will be where it gets mounted . Will not be able to work on the T until next week now .

kb426

I spent a couple of hours working on the hood hinges I'm rebuilding for the 51. This weekend I think I will be done machining and ready for pics.
TEAM SMART

chimp koose

KB why not just use the ones from the mustang ? :lol:  :lol:

kb426

C.K., I threw them away. I was afraid they might infect something. :)
TEAM SMART

Crosley.In.AZ

Fabbed up engine mounts for the 1962 Morris Minor 1000 ...  Some guy remembered to buy the metal on friday.

Simple , easy, strong frame mounts.  Need to remove mock up block.  Finish welding
Tony

Crosley.In.AZ

Fitted the upper grill mount bar ,  the hood also latches into.

Cypherin on room I have & need for a radiator, front frame cross member, etc
Tony

kb426

TEAM SMART