Kalamazoo

Started by 348tripower, August 28, 2012, 06:04:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HotRodLadyCrusr

Quote from: "40"
Quote from: "HotRodLadyCrusr"Daryle's coming to Michigan, how can I not attend.
Hi young lady......Glad to hear you will be there....It's been a while.....we will have to do dinner and catch up! Look forward to seeing you this weekend! Any chance your Dad will be attending?

Certainly been too long.  How does dinner sound on Saturday night?
Not sure if Dad is going.  I just decided to go recently, he doesn't even know I'm going yet but will discuess with him.  

I'm looking forward to seeing everyone and hanging out.
Your topless crusn buddy, Denise

Looking for old good for nothing flathead heads to use for garden project.

HotRodLadyCrusr

Dad is going as well and he'll have his '56.  I'm bringing my new wagon.
If anyone else would like to join us for dinner on Saturday night, just hollar.

HotRodLadyCrusr

Quote from: "40"Well.....Did a little checking and found a room at the Baymont on West Van Buren in Battle Creek....

Daryle, the Baymont in Kzoo that Don, and us, are staying at was $149.95 but I got them down to $119.95 with two beds.  Perhaps they might have another room if in fact this is in your price range.

348tripower

Quote from: "HotRodLadyCrusr"
Quote from: "348tripower"The Baymont Inn on the west side still has rooms. I had to do some checking and confirmation of my rooms and found out the still had them.
2203 South 11th Street  Kalamazoo, MI 49009
(269) 372-7999
Decent rooms and an easy drive to the show.

Thanks for posting this Don.  We got a room here so we'll see you there!

I am looking forward to seeing everybody. :D
Don Colliau

moose

I will be there Friday and Sat....See Ya all soon

moose

57larry

Quote from: "HotRodLadyCrusr"Dad is going as well and he'll have his '56.  I'm bringing my new wagon.
If anyone else would like to join us for dinner on Saturday night, just hollar.

gee, it's a good thing then that the NSRA changed it's rules so you can bring a post 48 station wagon

HotRodLadyCrusr

Doesn't get any better then this!  

Fri Sept 14

73°F
47°F
Sunny
Chance of rain: 0%
Wind: NNW at 13 mph Sat

Sat Sept 15

76°
49°
Sunny
Chance of rain:0%
Wind: WNW at 4 mph Sun

Sun Sept 16

79°
50°
Sunny
Chance of rain: 0%
Wind: SW at 6 mph

WZ JUNK

I wish I could be there.  I miss all my friends from up north.

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

HotRodLadyCrusr

You will be missed John.  Are you and brother going to GG Indy by chance?

Anyone heard from George, is he going?

I have to work tomorrow, will be at the fairgrounds on Sat morning.  Please save both dad and I a spot around the RRT encampment if possible.

enjenjo

I got home from the Zoo about 7 pm yesterday after having a great weekend. The weather was perfect all 4 days, sunny but not too hot. There was rain friday morning, but it was all over by the time 7 am rolled around. We has the usual crew, plus some new people, and some that has not been there in some time.

The BBQ served well, although we didn't use it as much as we have in the past. We are going to have a BBQ build day in the near future to fix some minor problems that have cropped up over the years, and give it a thorough cleaning. I also suspect we have a small gas leak.

On a sour note, donations did not come close to covering the cost of food. There are several members that contribute to the RRT directly, and I thank them, while in the past few years some of the money to support the RRT has come from the excess food donations at events. There was no excess this time, the first time we did not at least break even. I just don't have the means to continue this if we can't reverse the trend.

We did get slapped down by the vendor supervisor about serving food to non members, based on health department and vendor fee issues. So we had to turn away some people we served in the past, but not a lot. Any non members who generally hang around with us were served as I felt they are part of our group.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.