Kalamazoo

Started by 348tripower, August 28, 2012, 06:04:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ohio Blue Tip

I 'll be in the swap meet trying to sell some of my treasaures.
I plan to be at the BBQ trailer Sunday.
Some people try to turn back their odometers
Not me, I want people to know "why" I look this way.
I\'ve traveled a long way and some of the
roads weren\'t paved.

Ken

papastoyss

Quote from: "enjenjo"On this map  http://www.kalcounty.com/parks/expo/Expo%20Center%20and%20Fairground%20Map.pdf we will be located on the west lawn, just across the street to the north of barns 18 and 19.
Printed off the map. It'll come in handy, THANKS
grandchildren are your reward for not killing your teenagers!

348tripower

Quote from: "UGLY OLDS"
Quote from: "348tripower"The rest room by building 8 is gone.  There is a new one located in the south west end on the new hall addition.

I remember that one from last year ..  :idea:    A  " Four Holer"  with a line out the door .... :lol:  :lol:

Don ....Did you ever get your house repairs completed ???  

Bob...... :wink:

House is done. Still working on the yard. I have not taken any pictures lately.  When I do I will post them. The old place has a whole new look.
Don Colliau

My buddy,Louie,is still looking for a new ride.We are thinking of heading to KZoo to see what might be available.....are there usually a fair amount of cars for sale? I haven't been there for many years  and sold a car each of the last two times over but have never been there car shopping before.Also,anyone have a heads up on a reasonably priced place to stay?I am extremely busy,just started a pretty complicated custom home but would sure like to get away for a couple of days and see a few of you old codgers! If we come,it will most likely be in the daily driver as I haven't had time to this entire Summer to get anything road-ready.
"The one who dies with the most friends wins"

enjenjo

Quote from: "40"My buddy,Louie,is still looking for a new ride.We are thinking of heading to KZoo to see what might be available.....are there usually a fair amount of cars for sale? I haven't been there for many years  and sold a car each of the last two times over but have never been there car shopping before.Also,anyone have a heads up on a reasonably priced place to stay?I am extremely busy,just started a pretty complicated custom home but would sure like to get away for a couple of days and see a few of you old codgers! If we come,it will most likely be in the daily driver as I haven't had time to this entire Summer to get anything road-ready.

The last time I looked there were still rooms available in Battle Creek, anything on Beckly road is good for the most part, outside of Motel 6, and the knights inn.

There are usually a lot of cars for sale at the Zoo, and the prices are pretty good as it's the last big show in the area.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Frank.....No rooms available in Kalamazoo or is Battle Creek the place to stay? Easy drive to the Fairgrounds? I'll do some checking when time permits.....Thanks!

enjenjo

You can check at Kalamazoo but at this late date they are probably full. Battle Creek is about 18 miles from the fairground, a straight shot down I94.

348tripower

The Baymont Inn on the west side still has rooms. I had to do some checking and confirmation of my rooms and found out the still had them.
2203 South 11th Street  Kalamazoo, MI 49009
(269) 372-7999
Decent rooms and an easy drive to the show.
Don Colliau

Don....Thanks for the info....called them,they do have a room but it's $155 +tax per night. I'm going to do some checking around .....I'm kinda cheap!!

Well.....Did a little checking and found a room at the Baymont on West Van Buren in Battle Creek....Hope it's not a crap-hole.....It was less than 1/2 price of the one in KZoo. Best case scenario.....we leave late Thursday afternoon,stop for the night and arrive early afternoon on Friday.Worst case scenario....we leave early Friday morning and arrive Friday,late evening.Looking forward to seeing everyone next weekend!

enjenjo

Quote from: "40"Well.....Did a little checking and found a room at the Baymont on West Van Buren in Battle Creek....Hope it's not a crap-hole.....It was less than 1/2 price of the one in KZoo. Best case scenario.....we leave late Thursday afternoon,stop for the night and arrive early afternoon on Friday.Worst case scenario....we leave early Friday morning and arrive Friday,late evening.Looking forward to seeing everyone next weekend!

I have never stayed there.It's not the best part of town. I have stayed within a couple blocks of it, and had no problems.

HotRodLadyCrusr

Daryle's coming to Michigan, how can I not attend.
Your topless crusn buddy, Denise

Looking for old good for nothing flathead heads to use for garden project.

Quote from: "HotRodLadyCrusr"Daryle's coming to Michigan, how can I not attend.
Hi young lady......Glad to hear you will be there....It's been a while.....we will have to do dinner and catch up! Look forward to seeing you this weekend! Any chance your Dad will be attending?

39deluxe

I was really looking forward to this but now I'm not so sure i'll be there. My wife just told me that her birthday celebration will be postponed to next week due to my son being on duty this weekend. (Northwood Fire Dept EMT) It seems like this is why I missed last year too.

Oh well, the RRT project will be starting up again soon. It will be fun to get together with everyone again.

Tom

HotRodLadyCrusr

Quote from: "348tripower"The Baymont Inn on the west side still has rooms. I had to do some checking and confirmation of my rooms and found out the still had them.
2203 South 11th Street  Kalamazoo, MI 49009
(269) 372-7999
Decent rooms and an easy drive to the show.

Thanks for posting this Don.  We got a room here so we'll see you there!
Your topless crusn buddy, Denise

Looking for old good for nothing flathead heads to use for garden project.