Wish me luck

Started by enjenjo, February 22, 2008, 11:05:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chimp koose

Ive quit a few times ,sometimes for a few years at a time.I never got up to more than 1/2 pack a day so you would think it would be easy. I quit at the beginning of December and so far so good. Good for you to try and quit!

reborn55

Good luck--I quit cold turkey 20 years ago.  Walked into work one day--had 2 smokes in the pack--smoked them and never had another.  
One thing I have done ever since to this day is put $4.00 a day in a coffee can.  adds up to a nice chunk of change--pays for all my little road trips to car shows.  Sure helps.  
Just keep a positive attitude--you can do it. :D

Bib_Overalls

I've never smoked.  But my wife was a smoker when we met.  She quit for me.  Took her three tries.  And the third try was the charm.  She has not smoked for ten years now.  Good luck to you.  Don't give up!
An Old California Rodder
Hiding Out In The Ozarks

Jbird

JUST DO IT!!!! If I can quit after forty years of smoking a pack & a half a day, or more, you can too.  Just think of all the nekid lawn mowing you'll be able to do with out even breathin hard. AND, think of the $$$$$ you'll be able to squander foolishly.

Seriously though, of all the drugs I've used, abused, got hooked on and eventually quit, nicotine was the toughest both physically and psychologically. If you tackle quitting with the same logic and resolve you use to overcome the car building obstacles we've all witnessed you overcome, you'll do it.

One more plus to quitting is you can milk the * attitude for months.

I'd wish you luck but, there's no luck involved.  PM me if you need support.  Jay
A biblical plague would come in real handy just about now
Badges? Badges? We don\'t need no stinking Badges!!
Team Smarts official dumbfounder
The first liar ain\'t got a chance

Dave

Quote from: "Jbird"

One more plus to quitting is you can milk the * attitude for months.

Now that right there is * funny.
Dave :wink:  :arrow:

Crosley.In.AZ

Frank... as I recall your wife smokes too?
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

enjenjo

Quote from: "Crosley"Frank... as I recall your wife smokes too?

Yes she does.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Jbird

Quote from: "enjenjo"

Yes she does.
So, we're gonna have two new non-smokers?    Jbird
A biblical plague would come in real handy just about now
Badges? Badges? We don\'t need no stinking Badges!!
Team Smarts official dumbfounder
The first liar ain\'t got a chance

papastoyss

I quit in 1974. 2 yrs later I lost my dad to lung cancer. [Chesterfields] That reinforced my resolve to never start back. If you can ever get to the point where you gag getting in a smokers vehicle ,you've got it made. If nothing else ,hang in for that cute grand daughter of yours. My son only had 4yrs with my dad.
grandchildren are your reward for not killing your teenagers!

enjenjo

Quote from: "Jbird"
Quote from: "enjenjo"

Yes she does.
So, we're gonna have two new non-smokers?    Jbird

Well, that's up to her, but I would like it.

I've been sick the last two days, flu or something, maybe my cooking :shock:  Better today, but still not right.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Bob K

Good luck Frank, it's hard as hell but it's worth it.

Been 20 years for me.

Hang in there.

B :D B
Have you ever wondered how your mother knew enough about people like me to warn you about us?

jaybee

Good luck, it's a tough son of a gun to kick.  Then again it's worth it.  I lost an Uncle and an Aunt to COPD (Emphysema, basically) and it's a horrible way to die.  Dad, on the other hand, quit in his late 50s, lost his cough after a few years, and I'm convinced we probably would have lost him by now if he hadn't quit.
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)