To The Boys from Oz

Started by Bib_Overalls, March 02, 2005, 09:20:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sean

Quote from: "X38"

And you're the same as Canadians.

I can't really comment on that, as i've never met a Canadian. Seems like the farther North you go, the stranger they act, so they probably fit in well with people from Ohio and Michigan.... :D

I have, on the other hand, met a few Australians. I would have to say that Australians seem to have more in common with us than any other country.

The Australians I met were part of a Competitive shooting team that came over here to compete in the "Bianchi Cup", which is pretty much the World Championship for handgun competition. One of the Aussie's won it a couple times too, although I can't remember his name. That was several years ago, I don't know whther they are still shooting or not.

Do your new gun Laws allow for Competitive shooting?

Anonymous

Quote from: "sal37"Sean - wash your mouth out!!  :D  :D   Those Kiwi's are different to us Aussies.  They talk different and do strange things to sheep  :shock: (well - allegedly, according to all the jokes we hear) and we love beating each other at sport - any sport.
Steve

Fish and Chips in Kiwi is Fush and Chups

Jam is pronounced Jum....

Aussie and Kiwis have one big thing in common we love to joke with each other and beat each other in sport. :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Carps

Quote from: "Sean"Do your new gun Laws allow for Competitive shooting?

Yes!

And contrary to what you read in US news services, our gun laws are not so terrible as some people would have you believe.  We may also own guns for sport and hunting etc.

The guns that are not aallowed are those deigned for killing more than one animal at a time.  i.e. semi and fully automatic wapons.  However, if you have good reason to own one and the intelligence to do so without being a threat to others, then you'll be given the approriate perrmit and ability to do so.

Fact is, like tham or not our gun rules work, which is why despite a few hiccups over the years we don't have anywhere near the number of gun related deaths accidental or otherwise, as you have in the US.
Carps

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift.

Sean

Quote from: "Carps"
And contrary to what you read in US news services

You are certainly right about that. I think they doctor-up just about everything they report on, and if there isn't any News, they'll invent something....

This is why I asked about the Aussie Team, it took me a while to find it again... http://www.guncontrol.org.au/index.php?article=9