To The Boys from Oz

Started by Bib_Overalls, March 02, 2005, 09:20:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sean

Quote from: "sal37"do strange things to sheep  :shock:

Thats not the first time I've heard that. I'm beginning to think it may be true...  :shock:  :wink:

38HAULR

Steve is on the mark there Sean,Kiwis are a different breed.I understand that around the world people who tend sheep are known as shepherds,in NZ they are known as bigamists.But once you get to know ,em you cannot help but like them........Frank.

Pep

I think its the big brother little brother syndrome.....The Kiwis used to be good at sport....I just can't think of any that they are still good at right now..cricket...nup...Rugby..nup...Rugby League....nup....hang on...I think they beat us at Net Ball...so maybe their shielas are good at something after all :wink:
See Ya
Pep

Brootal

Quote from: "sal37"...and we love beating each other at sport - any sport.
Steve

Each other???

You mean WE (Aussies) love beating THEM (Kiwis) all the time?  :lol:

Gotta admit though. Your skiing poops all over ours. :)
Yes it is Grandad\'s Old Rambler!

//www.the-rumbler.com

58Apache

Our commonality goes well beyond WWII, although in most movies that told the story, I seen a whole lot of Aussie coast watchers risking their lives to watch our backs. :b-d:
A Toast

It's been a while, but you guys have been with us in most U.N. missions, including Korea if my memory serves me. My dad was in Korea, so maybe I owe ya one?

I also appreciate you guys sticking with us and not bashing us for going to war in Iraq like most of Europe. Although when it comes to Europe we have very similar backgrounds from what I understand, we both got the heck out of there. Not that I have anything against them, they have a very good reason to hate war! We all do!  But there comes a time when you have to stand for something and say "you've bloodied our noses enough, now it's time to do something about it."  If good ole mother England or France had done that earlier in WWII we might not have had to fight in Europe as well as the Pacific.

Enough politics and history, when I found out you guys are into rods as much as us, that's enough for me to like ya ...when you add that to our common history of watching out for each other, well hell I'll buy ya a beer anytime I see ya!

Maybe we're not two different nations as much as we're all rodders seperated by a lot of water?  ;)

Carps

Quote from: "58Apache"Maybe we're not two different nations as much as we're all rodders seperated by a lot of water?  ;)
Daz da facts brudda!
Carps

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift.

38HAULR

Nicely put 58 Apache. Hi from "down under".I always see the "froggies" as an ungrateful lot on the whole,and the poms as those who used Aussies as cannon fodder.If they had a look at a section of the Western front early 1918 ,whilst that lot were in retreat in face of the German offensive,it was the Aussies who went forward,acknowledged by the stream of fleeing French citizens who  turned back to their homes,feeling confident ,once they saw the Aussies.To their credit ,many of the bedraggled poms joined the Aussies,the  German advance was halted ,so much for the history,I thought the Froggies would have been more supportive of the "coalition of the willing"today............Frank.

Pep

Short memories Frank....The French owe a lot to many. I got steamed when they wanted to cover over the graves of the Aussies to extend a air strip or something..The Poms, well at least they remember what the Yanks did for them in WW2.
See Ya
Pep

Brootal

Just one thing.... When you say 'Boy from Oz' the image of a ruggedly handsome hot rodder doesn't come to mind.

Unfortunately the term has already endeared itself to the hearts of many Australians and the image they think of is...

All you ever wanted to know about The Boy From Oz!

:)

//www.the-rumbler.com

Carps

Brootal, what does it say about you that you know where to find that stuff?

And what does it say about your motivation for moving from the frontier city of Perth to the Gay city of Sydney?   :roll:
Carps

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift.

Brootal

Quote from: "Carps"Brootal, what does it say about you that you know where to find that stuff?
That I know how to use GOOGLE!!!

Next time I'm in luvverly Melbourne remind me to give you some pointers. :)

QuoteAnd what does it say about your motivation for moving from the frontier city of Perth to the Gay city of Sydney?   :roll:
My motivation?

You should know me by now! I don't have any motivation. If it was up to me I'd still be in good ol' Perth. You've got my wife to blame for the move to Sydney! She's the motivated one.

//www.the-rumbler.com

X38

"Oh well, Australia and New Zealand are pretty much the same thing aren't they?" Said Sean.

And you're the same as Canadians.

enjenjo

QuoteThats not the first time I've heard that. I'm beginning to think it may be true...

Struth. The Kiwi's actually cut the wool off and sell it, as well as butcher them for meat. As far as what the Aussies do... They are a bunch of Baaaaad boys. :lol:
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

nzsimon

Quote from: "sal37"Sean - wash your mouth out!!  :D  :D   Those Kiwi's are different to us Aussies.  They talk different and do strange things to sheep  :shock: (well - allegedly, according to all the jokes we hear) and we love beating each other at sport - any sport.
Steve

Us Kiwis love our sport and we back two teams  to the hilt NZ and anyone playing Australia
Just because it\'s written down doesn\'t make it true

Pep

Quote from: "nzsimon"
Quote from: "sal37"Sean - wash your mouth out!!  :D  :D   Those Kiwi's are different to us Aussies.  They talk different and do strange things to sheep  :shock: (well - allegedly, according to all the jokes we hear) and we love beating each other at sport - any sport.
Steve

Us Kiwis love our sport and we back two teams  to the hilt NZ and anyone playing Australia

At least you have one hope there I guess Simon :D  :wink:
See Ya
Pep