54 Chevy 3100

Started by enjenjo, April 23, 2020, 11:16:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

enjenjo

Yes, I will post some finished pictures.

I still had issues with the stop light switch staying on. I had used up all the adjustment so I made a clip that fit on the brake pedal that gave me the adjustment back and that seems to have done the trick.

I also re-clocked the steering wheel since it was off after the alinement. I had used some temporary bolts to hold the wheel to the adapter, and couldn't come up with the right ones, they were button head metric, 4.5mm by.75mm, no one local had them. So I re-tapped all the holes to 10-32 which I had in stock. So that is done too.

Nothing fits like it is supposed to. >:(
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

enjenjo

Here are some pictures of it. It looks better in the pictures that it does in person, it needs a paint job.

I am having trouble with the pictures. When I get it figured out I'll post the rest.

jaybee

I love the look of that, nostalgic in all the right ways, nice enough to be proud of, not so nice you can't drive it.
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)

enjenjo

I'll try the pictures again. There are styling cues that I don't like, and I feel it should be lower but I was building to the owners desires, not mine. The last two builds I have done were restomod trucks, and assisting on a restoration.  So I am ready for something else.

chris spokes

he who has the most toys wins

idrivejunk

Ripe and ready red Chevy!  8) I think any of us would dig taking it for a spin and doing a little truck stuff in it. :shock:
Matt

chimp koose

jaybee

I'd probably want mine lower, but the height is part of what gives it that "almost stock" look.
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)

Crosley.In.AZ

The ride height on that one is about  what my 1950 Chevy truck was. I lowered the 1950 a mild amount. A reworked front leaf spring setup and same in the rear. The truck looked better and it was cost effective.
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

enjenjo

Quote from: Crosley on September 14, 2021, 07:55:39 AM
The ride height on that one is about  what my 1950 Chevy truck was. I lowered the 1950 a mild amount. A reworked front leaf spring setup and same in the rear. The truck looked better and it was cost effective.

The last 3100 I did had a  GM G body front clip. It also had square body rear springs with a flip. It was about 3" lower in front, and 5" lower in the rear. It drove nice too.