54 Chevy 3100

Started by enjenjo, April 23, 2020, 11:16:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

enjenjo

I am wiring the tail lights today. There are 8 wires to the back of the bed, and only four in use. The wiring that was there was run back and forth under the bed several times, with open splices, and unsealed plugs used. Lots of green wire.  I started over. :lol:
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "enjenjo"I am wiring the tail lights today. There are 8 wires to the back of the bed, and only four in use. The wiring that was there was run back and forth under the bed several times, with open splices, and unsealed plugs used. Lots of green wire.  I started over. :lol:

Is it finished?  8)
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

enjenjo

No. Both my sons and their families are here Plus my wife has had several appointments the last couple weeks. The tail lights are done, working on the parking lights now, the parts came in today. I still have a bit of weather-stripping to install, and it can go out for alignment.

Crosley.In.AZ

Yes, I understand...  Put the kids to work.  :shock:
Tony

enjenjo

One son and his family left Sunday, the other is still here, leaving Friday. My fife gets her Defibrillator Friday morning.

I have been working on the truck, mostly spinning my wheels. Somehow I have a cross communication between the courtesy lights and the brake lights. Both white wires of course, I have to track that down.  And there is a leak on the power steering rack. I bought new sockets for the parking lights, but the pigtails are pitiful. And I can find the little brass end that contacts the bulb to make up new ones. I tried a couple substitutes, but nothing that works so far.

idrivejunk

So all you lack is finishing? :)  Ah, the thrill of minutia and the agony of wheelspin.  :lol: There is no other way. :0-0
Matt

enjenjo

Quote from: "Crosley"
Quote from: "enjenjo"I am wiring the tail lights today. There are 8 wires to the back of the bed, and only four in use. The wiring that was there was run back and forth under the bed several times, with open splices, and unsealed plugs used. Lots of green wire.  I started over. :lol:

Is it finished?  8)

It is now finished. I'll call in the morning for an alignment appointment.

Crosley.In.AZ

Very good...  Hope there are no surprises ahead.
Tony

idrivejunk

I know how big a word "finished" can be. Congratulations on a job well done. 8)
Matt

kb426

I'd ask for the burnout pic but that might be expecting too much from the 6. :)
TEAM SMART

enjenjo

Quote from: "kb426"I'd ask for the burnout pic but that might be expecting too much from the 6. :)

This one isn't a six. It has a 350/350 in it.

kb426

^^^^
Well, take me out and beat me for that. :)
TEAM SMART

enjenjo

Quote from: "kb426"^^^^
Well, take me out and beat me for that. :)

Okay, you name the time and place :D

enjenjo

As of today the 54 is done. I finally got a good steering rack, and the fittings to adapt it to the hoses. I got the rack bled and it steers fine now. While I was waiting I took care of little things that needed adjusting or replaced, like the accelerator pump. I also fixed some wiring mistakes. Now it goes out for alignment.

jaybee

Nice, will finished pics be coming?
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)