Glen's new shop build thread

Started by Crosley.In.AZ, August 16, 2013, 08:24:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chimp koose

You have built a very nice shop! I would like to have a lathe and mill in my garage before I retire.

Glen

Sometimes you find good stuff on Craigslist.  I have been searching "Steel Cabinets" for six months and finally found some.  A Dr. was taking these out of his office.  They have the movable dividers so they will work good for holding paperwork and separating items.  All 5 cabinets for $500.  The shelves are welded in so they are nice and sturdy.  Also had some rock brought in to clean up the yard a little.

I also had Kramer sew up some curtains to keep bugs out at night, and because my shop lights illuminate the entire yard like a landing field due to the glass door.  Should keep out heat too.

kb426

Doing well, Glen. I like the shelves. There are some advantages to living in an area with more than 8 people.  :D
TEAM SMART

bucketmouth

No man should be so lucky. Tell me how does one feel to have life so fullfilled :)
I maybe from down under but I know which way is up.
Oh hell there goes another head rush.

Crosley.In.AZ

Nice cabinets... those are sturdy units as I recall.

I see a Phone service box in the back corner of your yard .  Our last house had one. minimum once a month we had a notice on the door that someone need access to the box.  It seem the large dogs I had at the time were an "issue" for most repairmen
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

river1

Nice deal on those cabinets.

Great job on the shop as a whole too.

later jim
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.