Lesson one for this week

Started by enjenjo, April 02, 2012, 09:48:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chimp koose

I would have to add that in order not to make the air completely blue one must dance around in circles, clockwise for those of us on the northern hemisphere, counterclockwise for the aussies.It might also help to yell OW OW OW here or WO WO WO down under.

phat46

I find that I must put the injured hand in the opposite armpit and dance on one foot for at least 48 seconds to relieve pain. I discovered this method by accident when I was about 12 after my brother pulled our '55 Ford from the street up under the carport and opened the hood. I wondered if the crossover pipe (remember those Fords that had the crossover on top infront of the engine?) was hot.... It was... :shock:

Mikej

Quote from: "wayne petty"wait... #2... i have  a fix for the HAMMER THUMB.. or HAMMER finger...

when a finger or thumb nail is SMASHED..   STOP what you are doing.. drop everything .. DO NOT swing hand..   take other hand..     place thumb of other hand down hard on the smashed finger or thumb nail.. squeeze TIGHT.. you want to prevent the blood from rushing under the nail..    yep its going to HURT like .........  

think of it this way.. a few minutes of pain now.. or weeks of a tender finder ...

continuing .. hold hands over head.. still pinching the damaged nail to prevent blood from flowing under it.. holding your hands above the head will reduce blood pressure in your hands ..  

hold it up for at least 10 minutes..  DO NOT SWING IT.. that will increase the blood pressure..   you probably want to take a 30 minute break .. without returning to the hammering.. until the tissue has had some slight chance to heal..

if you do this right..  you will prevent the blood from pooling under the fingernail and lifting it.. causing extreme pain until the nail pulls off..

this also prevents the need to drain the pool of blood from under the nail to relieve pressure..  yes... it will be sore for a day.. maybe two..  but it won't hurt like ....... for a week or two..   and you probably won't loose the nail..

this also works really great on kids fingernails when they get them pinched in the door of a car..  so you might want to share this with the spouse..

you have to practice the hold first.. spend a few minutes trying to cover your thumb nail with your other thumb.. and also a finger nail..  so you know which way to grab before you really need it and there is NO time to practice..

you have about 5 seconds to grip your smashed nail.. before it starts to fill..  hence the reason for DROP everything..

I tried out lesson # 2 today. Thanks Wayne. I'll see how it works.

enjenjo

I bet you were hoping you didn't need it that soon. :twisted:
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Charlie Chops 1940

A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

wayne petty

seem i can fix all kind of things...  the guy running wind sprints in the back alley was jumping up and down with leg cramps..  i got him a single magnesium tablet..   cramps gone in a few minutes..

Mikej

Quote from: "enjenjo"

Tried 2 methods. Pinching the finger and the Indain rain dance. Seems to have worked. Light blue under the thumb nail.  :lol:

wayne petty

Quote from: "Mikej"
Quote from: "enjenjo"

Tried 2 methods. Pinching the finger and the Indain rain dance. Seems to have worked. Light blue under the thumb nail.  :lol:

great...    Prain dances work much better when hands are held way above head to reduce blood pressure in hands..   while pinching.. standing still or sitting down to reduce the heart racing from the pain also helps.

glad i was able to help..

it is a learned reaction...

i wonder what makes water repel from magnetic fields..  does that make is a paramagnetic or a diamagnetic material.