Bonneville bug.

Started by Beck, July 23, 2010, 11:10:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hooley

I was looking through some 1950's and 60's " Hot Rod" Mags and I saw several adds for Allison and Devin fiberglass bodies. I wonder if SCTA would excepted as a sports car. One of them offered complete turnkey cars.  
 Just wondering cause I know where a body is at but not sure what it is. The next time I go through the little town  I'll check on it.  

Hooley
"Just Glade To Be Here"

sirstude

Look at the Berkleys that run in MS including Mike Cook.  They were a one of a kind "sports" car.  Don't know why you couldn't run the Devlin.
1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

Watcher of #974 1953 Studebaker Bonneville pas record holder B/BGCC 249.945 MPH.  He sure is FAST

www.theicebreaker.us

Hooley

I did find a pic from 1963 of a Devin owned by * Dean. I think it was yellow with Moon Eyes on it.  I also Googled Devin and found alot of info. They were cool sports cars.  Also  same year Ak Miller raced one up Pikes Peak.  More useless knowlege.  Hooley
"Just Glade To Be Here"

sirstude

Hooley, it's all your fault, you lit the bug again.  I found a room and will be down this year after all.

See you on the salt.
Doug
1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

Watcher of #974 1953 Studebaker Bonneville pas record holder B/BGCC 249.945 MPH.  He sure is FAST

www.theicebreaker.us

Hooley

Doug, That is good news , what day will you get there?
"Just Glade To Be Here"

sirstude

Friday, early evening, depending on when I get out of here.
1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

www.theicebreaker.us

WZ JUNK

My input.  Honda Insight 1st series.  It would be great for comp coupe but it is a 2 seater.  I like the way the air flows on this car and the fender skirts would help.  I figure Honda did a lot of work to make this move through the air with as little resistance as possible.  I tried to find a picture to post but ran out of time.

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

enjenjo

Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

WZ JUNK

That is the one.

Thanks

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

Hooley

"Just Glade To Be Here"

sirstude

Does look pretty slippery.  On another note, looks like Odie and I will get into Wendover earlier on Friday than I thought.  I had the choice of working until noon and then leaving, or getting to Salt Lake early enough to have an In-n_Out Burger for lunch.  Pretty easy answer.

See you on the salt, full of Burger
Doug
1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

www.theicebreaker.us

Hooley

We will get there on Thur afternoon and set up the pit. Get the car ready for inspection.

Tom, Have you wore the rule book out looking for the right class?
Do you have any ideas yet about your class? And kind of car or truck ?
"Just Glade To Be Here"

Cword

Quote from: "Hooley"We will get there on Thur afternoon and set up the pit. Get the car ready for inspection.

Tom, Have you wore the rule book out looking for the right class?
Do you have any ideas yet about your class? And kind of car or truck ?

Hooley,  
Dad has managed to schedule his chemo appointments so that he can get to B'ville for a visit. He and mom will head out from here Friday morning. They'll probably be looking for your pit Sunday afternoon.

Mike
--

Hooley

Mike, Beck and I got back last night from Bonneville. It was sure good to visit with your dad and mom. We talked about the canyon trips.  I'am glad they came down.  Hooley
"Just Glade To Be Here"