2024: What are you doing today?

Started by Crosley.In.AZ, January 01, 2024, 07:11:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

idrivejunk

I saw this on CL today. 145K miles for $1,500.

https://fayar.craigslist.org/cto/d/fayetteville-2008-escape-clean-body/7769777427.html

Thats less than a set of 17s for my 69 and it is probably air conditioned.

After being sent on a wild goose chase by my own big brother yesterday I had Big O order me some 15" TA radials for the front of my junk. Be here next week. I hate dew and miss the 455. Could have been driving it now.

Assembled the new 71 bed box this week. A helper randomly snuck away and therefore I became injured.
Matt

enjenjo

I'm on my second Escape. Both of them front drivers.  I love them. For me the great thing is with the 3.0 they are rated to tow 3500 lbs. I prefer the 2001 to 2009 models.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

idrivejunk

Quote from: WZ JUNK on July 25, 2024, 01:24:20 PMI looked at a clone 1965 GTO convertible yesterday.  I thought about buying it to make some money. It needed a few things, and it was a very reasonable price, but I want to work on other things.  Years ago I would have been all over it.

Boss just sent fuzzy pics from the July issue of "GM Scene". The root beer float colors 65 GTO convertible we did at work got a feature and the centerfold. Wish I could read it. I didn't do much on that one, just door handles, cowl shave and some prime & block. That was a super fancy build. I think it had one feature already, and appeared on Car Crazy (Meguiar's TV show, at SEMA). Anyhow, hey yeah 65 goat ragtops... nice.  8)

This weekend is a soul killer with the big car down. Maybe if I just go start it up, that'd help.

Wasted some time yesterday trying to extract e-coat chips from chopped pinky but nope, too deeply embedded. It was sawed on or scissored by two edges with the weight of a long bedside trying to liberate a hunk of flesh. I got mad. :)
Matt

idrivejunk

Quote from: enjenjo on July 27, 2024, 11:10:42 PMI'm on my second Escape. Both of them front drivers.  I love them. For me the great thing is with the 3.0 they are rated to tow 3500 lbs. I prefer the 2001 to 2009 models.

My brother wanted one of those from that year range too but ended up in an Envoy. I sent him that link and he thought I wanted it, or for Mom. Not me! But that price was lookin right, for the mileage.

I am rooting for the GS for you btw, via thought vibes. Any 455 will scratch muscle itches lesser mills just can't reach. :)
Matt

58 Yeoman

We had a 2012 Escape for a few years with front drive, but went back to Subaru for all wheel drive for the wife in winter. She had one when we married in 2008, so it's our third, but I had one years ago, so it's my fourth.  We've never had trouble like other people do with engines, etc., but she did have problems with her trans in her 2001. Her son put in a used one and it ran for years after we sold it.  My daughter ran mine into a tree on the ice, so that wasn't the cars fault.
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

kb426

I have been gone but now I'm back. LOL
Link to Salina car show {https://youtu.be/AKLhumNPJ_M}
TEAM SMART

idrivejunk

Matt

Crosley.In.AZ

Installed a new kitchen faucet in this RV.. Old one had issues.  Had to shut the valve off in certain spot of the faucet dripped slowly.  There are no shut off valves on the water lines that feed faucets in most RV to isolate a problem at sink or toilet.

For some reason RV water connections are different size than house stuff.  Since the RV is plumbed in 1/2 inch PEX tubes, it is easy to install residential PEX shut off valves and residential  Kitchen faucet of single stalk design.  This was the same process as I did in the bathroom 1.5 yrs ago.  Swap over to residential style fittings with shut off valves.

The faucet was part of my recent Amazon delivery by UPS..  Suppose to deliver on saturday. It was here on Friday.

Fun Fact: I did see a UPS and FED-X trucks here in the park on saturday.

8)
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

idrivejunk

I hear tell today that the 59 Catalina got a photo shoot a week or two ago. Probably same mag. It was at the shop being primped so I reckon that was why. Looked like a million bucks. 8)
Matt

WZ JUNK

Good photos from Salina.  I saw photos of some friends cars.  I want to go back to that show.  Maybe next year.
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

kb426

Useless trivia: the 48 still has the efi hiccup when ever it wishes. It averaged 19.986 mpg over 539 miles for the trip. I had it up in the air inspecting and have found nothing loose or leaking. I removed the center portion of the seat this afternoon. I was able to come up with an idea to change out the seat and install a center console and a short flip up arm rest to replace it. The current arm rest is too low to be of any use. The cup holders are not very useful. The beginning of more parts and closer to seat upholstery.
TEAM SMART

idrivejunk

Piling on a tad more useless trivia... the 245/275 60s tire combo on my 69 now is the most big-n-little stagger I've ever put on it. I like it. Turns and brakes nice with no front rub for more confident motoring. Things in general are shaping up. :)  :arrow:

I sat the bed and cab on the 71 GMC yesterday. New cab mounting set has 4 equal height bushings but the old rears are twice as tall. 4WD cab mounts are different? Must research.
Matt

jaybee

Ah, just a subtle bit of stagger, looks nice.
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)

WZ JUNK

Years ago, we would be at Blanding, Utah making our way to Speedweek along with a bunch of guys from this board.  What an experience. :)
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

idrivejunk

Thanks, Jaybee.  8)

WZ John, I'm betting you might know this heap parked next to my junk  :arrow:
Matt