2024: What are you doing today?

Started by Crosley.In.AZ, January 01, 2024, 07:11:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kb426

I spent the day trimming trees. I hope I don't get any more boring. :)
TEAM SMART

enjenjo

I got a twofor shooting woodchucks one time.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

jaybee

I returned from Iowa today to find it 99 degrees out. Watched two days of racing. Got to see my Dad, brother, sister, and oldest son. Helped brother with some plumbing, he had an absolute disaster going and I think the plumbing is in a good place now. Installed new water softener, sediment filter, flushed a bunch of stuff out of the system that had found its way into the well when there was a broken fitting at the well casing, and bleached the well water enough times over 6 days to have a shot at clean water once it's all cleared. Had a lot of good food. The only thing that didn't work out was getting out on the Harleys. One of them wouldn't start. I'm pretty sure he let it sit too long without a battery tender.
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)

Crosley.In.AZ

I read George Poteet  has died... Hotrodder,  Land Speed racer in the Speed Demon car and others.
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

WZ JUNK

I had brief visits with George over the years.  He was very good to me.  His car with Danny Burrows at the wheel beat our record at Bonneville.  I looked up to both of these men.  George did something very special for a friend of mine who was terminally ill with cancer.  I will never forget what he did for my friend.  To me it was more important than any car he owned and any record he set.  He was a man of character.
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

kb426

Matt, I don't understand why an owner wouldn't clean up a project before bringing it to a shop.it seems that you would want to know more about what you had than a mystery covered in nasty. :) The bronco looks good. Clean and simple. :)
TEAM SMART

idrivejunk

Bill, I reckon it is the same reason that adjusters and estimators cannot take a knee to glance under a wreck and a service advisor won't pop a hood. They get chewed out if their garments become unduly soiled.
Matt

jaybee

The Bronco turned out really nice, better than new.
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)

58 Yeoman

Hey, it's great to be back.  High winds knocked out power and 'net, just got them both back tonight.  Many trees down, and a neighbor has been helping me get the driveway cleared and a few other trees. Some are his and some are mine.

Bad news on the lung...it's gotten small again. Weird.  Waiting for a call from St. Louis hospital for next challenge.  Three hours away, so wife won't be making daily trips to see me.

Matt, the Bronco looks good.  The old Ford truck brings back memories.  I had a '46 heavy 1/2T with the 100hp eight and granny low 4 speed in the 70's and 80's.  The pic is before I painted it the same colors.  I had a local body shop fix up some metal running boards for me.  I took it to show the original owner (her husband had died) and she was thrilled that it was still running.  It still had the owner manual where she had written a grocery list on the inside cover.  She told me that when it was delivered, it had wooden planks for bumpers, but they sent steel bumpers later.

The other guy with the hat in the picture was Bob Gerace, a really nice guy.  He had some nice old cars.
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

58 Yeoman

Hey, it's great to be back.  High winds knocked out power and 'net, just got them both back tonight.  Many trees down, and a neighbor has been helping me get the driveway cleared and a few other trees. Some are his and some are mine.

Bad news on the lung...it's gotten small again. Weird.  Waiting for a call from St. Louis hospital for next challenge.  Three hours away, so wife won't be making daily trips to see me.

Matt, the Bronco looks good.  The old Ford truck brings back memories.  I had a '46 heavy 1/2T with the 100hp eight and granny low 4 speed in the 70's and 80's.  The pic is before I painted it the same colors.  I had a local body shop fix up some metal running boards for me.  I took it to show the original owner (her husband had died) and she was thrilled that it was still running.  It still had the owner manual where she had written a grocery list on the inside cover.  She told me that when it was delivered, it had wooden planks for bumpers, but they sent steel bumpers later.

Phil

58 Yeoman

The other guy in the pic with the hat was Bob Gerace.  A nice guy that had a few nice cars.

Phil

chimp koose

Yeoman , I wish you well with your lung . That must be tough to deal with . IDJ , another home run ! that bronco looks great .

idrivejunk

Down to one cab corner butt weld on the GMC cab and that'll be done today.

Our man Blake did the Bronco put-together and it is out for custom bent exhaust.

Our man Josh will be doing the 47 and Aaron started teardown yesterday. Two full trash can's worth of filth so far. The lugnut with keyhole is an enigma but owner wants to use those slots. I'm told the mill is likely a 50s 283 with 4 speed. Gets TCI chassis and Coyote has been said.

You guys oughtta see the 49 Merc truck. It is getting close to built. Blue with black fenders.
Matt

kb426

GMC looks good. New metal beats rust anytime in my world. :)
TEAM SMART