2024: What are you doing today?

Started by Crosley.In.AZ, January 01, 2024, 07:11:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

58 Yeoman

Still have a chest tube in place since April 23. Actually, this is the third one; First was in for 28 days, out for 4 days, then another smaller one in place. That one didn't work, so they took it out and replaced it with another large one.  I've been home since June 17 with it still in place and a one way check valve to let air out but not in.  I'm waiting for a call from doctor today to see if another xray will show lung still in place.  If it is, then we will decide when to pull the tube.

In the time off the first time I was home with the first tube, we had the cabinets refaced with new doors.  Went back into the hospital and wife said new appliances were in, so we waited until I got home again to have the fridge delivered, then a few days later the range.  We have an HVAC company here today to install the new high power range hood, which needed a new 8" vent through the roof.  The old 3"x10" through the wall isn't enough.

After getting home this time, we had high winds pass through and downed a large limb from a neighbors tree, destroying one of our 8' shrubs in front by the street.  One limb fell off this tree last year and partially destroyed that same bush.  I cut the limb up myself.  I can't do it this time, so I called the neighbor, who lives about a half mile away (we're in the country) and he came and looked at it.  He cut it all up himself, and we got an estimate on a new shrub to be planted in its place; $700.  He wrote us a check for that.  He said that next year, he is going to clean up the frontage of his property towards the street.  I told him I'd be healed by then and will help him.  He owns the properties on three sides of us, plus more in the area.

Sorry for the long post, just thought I'd catch up while I can't do anything while the workers are here.
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

idrivejunk

Phil, that sounds like an awful health ordeal. My cousin had her lungs out then back in last year and she does ok now, all things considered. Its real good to hear that you are mending and confident. Hoping all that will go as well as it can for you.

Even with 1/8" plate shims at front of this door, rear gap still sucked due to cab corner wear and tear and damage. So a bodyman does what he has to. There was a cut in the rocker jamb too, to clear the door shell.
Matt

jaybee

Wow, Phil, that's a lot to go through.

I'm all packed to head to Iowa tomorrow. I'll stay with my brother, get to see Dad, and my son is coming up from Texas. We'll go the IndyCar double header on Sat/Sun.

I need the time off work, and this is a great time for it.
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)

Crosley.In.AZ

Hellava a ordeal there Phil..  Keep after it.
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

Crosley.In.AZ

Tech tip:  On camping type griddles , If you use one outdoors.  I have a Blackstone 22 inch propane griddle we use while in the RV and at our winter place.  Keeps the heat and mess out of the RV.  I can wave at ppl walking by.  :lol:

On the grill wall top edges there is a rough texture..  I use a mill file on the top edge of the griddle.  Flatten the top out.  That way I can scrape my spatula on that top edge to clean off debris as seen in the photo.  Keep the stuff in the grill.
Tony

kb426

O&S had a small project today. The remaining black patio chairs got turned green. Those of you that have been around for quite a while will recognize the color. :)
TEAM SMART

chimp koose

idrivejunk

I got door gaps established on the cab at work. No hood yet. Theres one side's worth of welding left to do on the brown bottom cab stuff. Thats what I'll start on today. After that its mock up with bed I reckon. Then bondo. Mud man is eyehole deep in a show truck job and my last mud job is untouched right where I left it.

The pale green Bronco is pretty far along but according to the tech, flexplates that will connect a 302 to a C4 are not made. Do what? He tried to explain but it started to sound like aligning v belt pulleys on a Pontiac.

Hey now... theres a good word.

P O N T I A C

:)
Matt

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: chimp koose on July 11, 2024, 10:52:01 PMdeuce look very nice  8)  8)  8)

Yeah... but where is the metal flake ?  :shock:
Tony

idrivejunk

A starter and flexplate that work together did find their way into the pale green Bronco Friday. I heard it crank but not run. Our guy rigged up a little exhaust to hang an O2 sensor in and for cam break in without deafness before going to an exhaust shop.

So... it didn't end up getting OD or roller but did get a Sniper2 and VA. And it will probably go home for the season and return when the topper is done or when the cam wipes, whichever is first. Has cream colored dash, seats, and rollbar and a good floor covering. Looks fresh as a daisy.

When I looked in on it last, static timing was being established. They had this clear plastic thingy that fits over the dizzy like a cap and indicates proper rotor position. I was like wth izzat? I always liked to use a broom straw to find TDC with a valve cover off, whats this clear plastic limpwristed idiotproofing garbage? Wondered if it came with the EFI kit.

Anyhow... yeah. Today I saw an amazing pic which actually shows the .223 boat tail about one foot away from creasing Trump's ear. :-o
Matt

kb426

Matt, the hyper spark distributor comes with the plastic piece to line up the housing with the rotor.
TEAM SMART

58 Yeoman

Shot number 6 chipmunk today. Got tired of trying to trap them.  Won't use poison because our cat does catch them now and again. They have really good hearing.  I open an entry door so I can shoot from in the garage, and they can hear it open.

The county fair opened today, so we ran up there for my yearly treat of an elephant ear or funnel cake.  No ears this year, and the funnel cake place wasn't open yet.  Maybe later on.

Gave my new cast iron gas grill grates the third seasoning treatment this afternoon.  It was easier with these than when my wife did her new kitchen range cast iron grates.  Doesn't take long for the grill to heat up when it's 90 degrees outside.

Phil

chimp koose

58 yeoman , your comment about shooting from in the garage reminded me of what my favourite uncle did back when I was a kid . There were these magpies that would make noise early in the morning and when you stepped onto the porch with a rifle they would fly away . One morning my uncle got crafty and just slightly opened his bedroom window enough to slide the rifle into position . He neglected to inform my still sleeping Aunt what he was up to ! A shot rang out and my Aunt screamed bloody hell . My Uncle went outside (probably the safest place for a while ) and found 2 dead Magpies , he nailed 2 with one shot!

58 Yeoman

CK, sounds like your uncle was a good shot, or very lucky.  My older brother that died last year lived on one acre on the edge of a small town, about 5500 population. He had raccoons that would raid his deer corn during the night.  He as single and stayed up all night and slept all day.  He taped a small cardboard box to his Ruger 10/22 so he could shoot them through his window in his bathroom.  He didn't have to look for his shells after shooting.

Phil

WZ JUNK

We took our family on a quick trip to California that included Kings Canyon, Sequoia, and Yosemite National Parks.  There were nine of us traveling together. It was hot but we had a great time. I spent over $200 on ice cream.  Money well spent.  The man who invented ice cream was a genius. :) We hiked about 37 miles total but I did not go all of that as the higher altitude are making it hard for me get the oxygen I need.  I guess I did about 30 miles.  This was our third attempt at a family vacation and it worked.
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH