2024: What are you doing today?

Started by Crosley.In.AZ, January 01, 2024, 07:11:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WZ JUNK

I have a very large, heavy, old, gear reduction, 1/2" drill.  It quit working the other day and I determined that the electric cord was bad.  I remove cords from stuff that I throw away and hang them on the wall in the back room of my shop. (part of my materials library)  I picked one of those cords to use for the replacement.  When I finished replacing the cord and tested the drill, it did not work.  I determined that the cord I used, to replace the old bad one, had a bad plug.  I replaced the plug and the drill is fixed now.

So I had cut the wire and plug off a good tool, saved the bad part, and threw a good tool away. :o
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

kb426

TEAM SMART

idrivejunk

I got a no seatbelt ticket today, while wearing my seatbelt.

Anybody else had that happen? I have no intention of pleading guilty.

That happened on the way home from the folks'. Went to the u-pull-it first thing today. They had one RAV4. In the right color and with the bumper I needed, in good condition. Snagged it, went over there and used the spare tire jack to push out the mangled rear body panel so the floor trim would fit. Then replaced bumper cover and reinforcement. They are thrilled.

Fireworks had to compete with lots of thunder and lightning here last night, which was kinda surreal. Don't happen often.

Got new doors both hung on the GMC cab Wednesday. The one on the already welded side of cab does not fit but does latch. The one on the not yet welded side fits ok. Par for the course.

Its like I always say... If I do good somewhere, look out because bad is to follow. I got my new drivers license and fixed Mom's car so was just beginning to relax. Then came the blue lights and the injustice and need to fight the law and boys I gotta tell ya... that knocks away a great deal of hard earned mental growth of mine. Gonna be mad for the next month and that may just be the beginning. Court date: August 5.

It is face spit, to me, and I am angry as hell. :twisted:
Matt

kb426

I had a pleasant surprise today. I ran out of argon last week. It was the same price as a year ago. With all of the price increases we see, I was dreading the outcome. It's still $175 with tax but several years ago I paid $197. I make sure I don't leave the valve open when not welding. :)
TEAM SMART

jaybee

I've never heard of a seatbelt ticket while wearing a seatbelt. One of my truck drivers once got a ticket for not wearing his glasses after he took them off while parked behind the scale, in plain view of the officer.

Speaking of which, my work team saved a life a week ago, yet it brings me sadness. A week ago Tuesday, one of my best drivers, with 4 million accident free miles, managed to sideswipe a trailer and take the side mirror off. The rental manager where he had gone for help with the truck called to say she was uncomfortable giving him a tractor because he was acting strangely...and had hit a pole with the rental.

We could insist upon a drug test, but he refused any additional treatment. He couldn't drive without clearance for the drug test, so we put him in a hotel room. He answered his phone sporadically. He missed 4 different Ubers I called for him. At times he seemed fine. At times he was totally out of it. Not knowing the name of his wife, for example. We knew something was badly wrong, but he wouldn't let us get him medical help.

On Friday afternoon he finally agreed to let us fly him home, but by that time we weren't sure he could do it on his own. Our head dispatcher worked a whole day, then spent 9 hours driving to Greensboro, running him to the airport in Raleigh-Durham, and driving back home. It was bad. By the time he got to Kansas City he had to be lifted from the wheelchair to the car.

We did what we could, what he allowed us to do. He spent the week dying of a stroke in a hotel room. He's alive, but he'll be severely impaired. He's a good person, and he deserves better. I tell you all this because I think we all know a lot of men refuse to get medical help as long as we can stand under our own power. If something is wrong with you, please get help.
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)

Crosley.In.AZ

Did a field repair on the cover for my 5th wheel hitch. Its some type of vinyl material, with lashing straps that clip together.  The sun burned out the strap material.  This is all sewn together. We do not have a HD sew machine here.  :lol:

I used some 3/16 dia , wide head pop rivets with small washers as backing. I had these rivets from previous RV repair.  RV is like a child, Always needs attention of some type!

Photo 1 shows the exterior clip and strap...  Photo 2 shows the interior with washers spreading the load. I used a piece of strap on interior too.

8)
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

idrivejunk

How many among you would plead guilty to a wrongfully issued no seatbelt ticket?
Matt

58 Yeoman

Without pix, it didn't happen.
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

idrivejunk

Quote from: 58 Yeoman on July 07, 2024, 11:03:05 AMWithout pix, it didn't happen.

Best glimpse he could have had is this, but I was moving at 35-40 mph. Neighbor took this pic for me.

Matt

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: 58 Yeoman on July 07, 2024, 11:03:05 AMWithout pix, it didn't happen.

There is a youtube channel from Pinal County  AZ sheriff office called "Fridays with Frank"  It has become very popular. Camera guy videos Frank on traffic stops.  It is funny , serious, eye opening to how many people are driving with No license, insurance, illegal plates, 20 to 50 mph over the limit.

Often Frank does a traffic stop and people take their seat belt off.  He calls them out for that.  Seat belt should remain on.  I can NOT reach my trucks glove box for vehicle paper work with the seat belt on.

Watched a video a yr or 2 ago... Gal had a dash camera with rear facing the driver camera too.  Police stopped her:  No seat belt. She disagreed with the LEO.  He of course told her "No seat belt" She then pointed to her dash camera that would be in court to prove she had seat belt on...  Was it staged video ?  I do not know

8)
Tony

enjenjo

When stopped by the law I leave my seat belt on until the officer is at my window. Then I unbuckle it. I was burned like that about  30 years ago.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

idrivejunk

Quote from: enjenjo on July 08, 2024, 12:12:27 AMWhen stopped by the law I leave my seat belt on until the officer is at my window. Then I unbuckle it. I was burned like that about  30 years ago.

First thing he said was "That seat belt was NOT on you when you passed by me!". I said that was wrong. I did undo it to reach the glovebox, in his presence.

Allow me to describe the situation then you tell me if you'd plead guilty or not.

Police unit was hiding behind another SUV which was blocking it's view of my car. His line of sight began at the view shown in pic.

I had just took my burger out of the sack, put it on my lap, and pulled one side of the wrapper loose. Saw cop, check speed. 38 in a 30 so I coast past.

Lazily, he pulled into street. I think he has me for speeding so I reach across the console and drop burger back into sack. That move was interpreted as putting the seatbelt on and thats when he hit the lights and punched it.

I have a signed witness statement confirming that I had the belt on at the beginning of my journey. Made two stops at drive-thrus on the way home.

I explained to him about the headrest loop getting me pulled over for this before. That officer was apologetic. This one sassmouthed me saying with a chuckle "You can argue all you want!" and I responded that I didn't wish to argue then did not say another word.

This would be the only blemish on my record. I do not deserve it. At no point did the officer have a clear view. I intend to ask him if any other vehicles were present and if any smells were detected from my vehicle (fries / burger). If he denies the other vehicle was present, I will know that truth is not available and go forward with due hatred toward local police firmly and permanently established.

As I've said... I mean nothing. No one can be made to understand and I do not have the privelidge of being believed. Any statements against me are taken as gospel. It is a consistent life pattern.

Matt

jaybee

I have a feeling the court will side with the cop, but it sure couldn't hurt to take that picture and demonstrate just how difficult it is to see the belt.
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)

idrivejunk

Quote from: jaybee on July 08, 2024, 09:26:40 PMI have a feeling the court will side with the cop, but it sure couldn't hurt to take that picture and demonstrate just how difficult it is to see the belt.

Pretty silly of me to have thoughts of defending myself. The Eeyore-esque stuff I say all the time is true. I don't have a chance. Must lay down and accept the trashmouthing without resisting. Because thats what is right, Matt losing for no reason.

All day yesterday I fought the new left door of the 71 job. Fits now but the shell and skin are out of place in relation to one another by a good quarter inch fore / aft and this door is taller by maybe that much.
Matt

Crosley.In.AZ

Found on Craigs List:  A Crosley re-bodied car in Bisbee AZ.  The ad refers to it as a Crosley Clown car at $5k asking price.

Ad claims a little maintenance and it would drive.  From the pictures "a little maintenance" to drive it is being a bit loose with terminology .  I guess each persons term drivable  is different ?
Tony