Its the weekend are you gonna do anything?

Started by jusjunk, January 06, 2007, 09:15:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Danimal

I got called out on a short notice business trip to Belgium on Monday so our tree will be up on Sunday rather than last Tuesday as planned. Hope to spend some time with my bride as she's been with her brother nearly every day since he was in a bad car accident in October. He spent almost 5 weeks in a coma and took his first steps this week since 10/6 so we've got lots to be thankful for this Christmas. If he passes a few more tests he'll be able to come home for a few hours Christmas day.

After that, Court's blue truck has a slipping trans so we may be looking for one (in Frank's barn) and installing it over the holiday. Wasn't in the plans but may be in the cards! Hope to get some things moving to put the BBC into Eli's panel as well.

Blessed Christmas to all!

enjenjo

I have the alternator and the steering column assembled and installed in the 32 5 window.  The fuel tank is all done too. Now on to driveshaft and brakes.

I have been working on the Buick too, I have the brake system revised, new brackets made and powder coated, just have to assemble it.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Mac

Now that I know the only air lock is the one between my ears I'm plumbing my steering pump correctly with new hoses.
Then I'll see what I can confuse myself about next.
Who\'s yer Data?

kb426

I put 100 miles on the 342 setup in the 32 today. I'm reasonably satisfied in the increase in low end power. It was pretty cool this morning and I discovered a couple of air leaks in the cab to fix. I have another family Christmas this evening and then tomorrow, I can tinker with the leaks. I'm not very interesting right now.
TEAM SMART

32coupe

I went over to see how scooter is going with the install of a windsor in the F truck, he has fabricated new engine mounts and has the engine sitting between the rails now.

He has a few windsors to choose from, but he chose a late model one with the EFI manifold and serpantine belts on it, but he needs it to be the older style with a carb manifold and normal "V" belt. Lucky he has all the parts he needs to convert the newer engine.

He also found a shifter that will work with the C4 in the junk pile, and now he needs to find a diff and fabricate a drive shaft.

He is hopeing to have it running by the end of february.
If you can\'t fix it with a hammer, you\'ve got an electrical problem

enjenjo

We had a family Christmas party today. A good time was had by all.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

sirstude

1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

Watcher of #974 1953 Studebaker Bonneville pas record holder B/BGCC 249.945 MPH.  He sure is FAST

www.theicebreaker.us

Charlie Chops 1940

Spent the last few days cleaning out the workshop, putting things away, sorting out nuts -bolts- washers, bits and pices of hardware. I had run out of horizontal surfaces upon which to work.

Preparatory to going back to work on the '40 (I gave it a good cleaning inside and out. It's always pleasant to start with a clean canvas, so to speak.  I did a little work on it and I will bring up its old progress thrad and post a few pics.

Charlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

tomslik

i finally got the rear end housing for the rambler back thursday, welded the spring perches on today....

on the wrong side of the axle :shock:  :evil:
ordered another set from currie....
The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it\'s still on my list

kb426

Tomslik, it makes me feel better to know that I'm not the only one that does that. I am assuming that this is age related and it isn't going to get better. I'm finding that the better my sense of humor is the better I handle aging.
TEAM SMART

tomslik

The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it\'s still on my list

papastoyss

Quote from: "tomslik"i finally got the rear end housing for the rambler back thursday, welded the spring perches on today....

on the wrong side of the axle :shock:  :evil:
ordered another set from currie....
Don't feel so bad, when I set mine up I looked at the angle finder wrong & set the pinion angle 3 degrees down instead of 3 up,  DUH.
grandchildren are your reward for not killing your teenagers!

Carps

Last weekend I went to play at The Kustom Nationals, here's a few pics from my trusty Canon.......

Top Kustom, 40 Chrysler.

This one aint from the Kustom Nat's but the weekend before as Ken makes a few running repairs.  He spent most of Sunday emulating Chopper by 'supervising' the kustomising work on this year's victim of the hammer and gas-axe.

Carps

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift.

Carps

A good reason not to have shiny paint and a Flathead engine.

On the outside this looks like a bog stock FJ Holden Standard Sedan, the engineering is superb and the powertrain looks like it grew there.  The 1UZ can push a two and a half tonne LS400 along at a very respectable clip, so I wouldn't be challenging this lightweight Humpy at the lights.

Coolest Hot Rod, 'The Duck's' awesome LS2 powered deuce.

Some folks just can't handle the booze and end up with more on their shirt than in their mouth.

Anybody didn't have fun at the Kustom Nats, only needs to look in the mirrir to discover why.

Carps

Carps

This pair looked like a couple of old poofs sitting on the beach holding hands, but hey, at least they don't have rolled up cuffs on their jeans.  ;)

It's made from a million bits of unknown origins and a few known, was dirt cheap and delivered a bazillion bux worth of fun.

Carps