New interior for my 47

Started by HOTROD47, April 08, 2009, 08:33:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HOTROD47

I decided somewhat on a whim that my 47 needed a new interior. The old one was still in decent shape, especially for being done in 1991!!  But the old tweed had to go. So on Thanksgiving weekend I ripped it all out. While the car was somewhat apart I eliminated the vent windows and installed one piece door glass with power assist from NuRelics.

I bought a Glide seat and started to try and plan a new look. I wanted something somewhat classic with a little bit of a modern flair. The way I look at my car, it has been modernized and yet still retains the classic look of a 1947 Ford.

We are using 57 Chevy arm rests, 52 Pontiac int. door trim(lower) and 55 Buick int. door trim(upper) I am having it done in Ultra Leather and Ultra suede.

I hope you all like it.
Copper Hill Rod & Custom

HOTROD47

I have no idea why this will not accept my pictures.... HELP!!!!!!
Copper Hill Rod & Custom

HotRodLadyCrusr

I've had my eye on a set of NuRelics for Big Olds.  One of these days, one of these days.
Your topless crusn buddy, Denise

Looking for old good for nothing flathead heads to use for garden project.

enjenjo

Quote from: "HOTROD47"I have no idea why this will not accept my pictures.... HELP!!!!!!

I would guess too big. Resize and try again.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

HOTROD47

Another try.....ok this seemed to work. :D
Copper Hill Rod & Custom

sirstude

Denise, I bought a set of them for my Olds, when you stop by this summer, between Bonneville and Spokane, you can see them.

Doug
1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

Watcher of #974 1953 Studebaker Bonneville pas record holder B/BGCC 249.945 MPH.  He sure is FAST

www.theicebreaker.us

HotRodLadyCrusr

Quote from: "HOTROD47"Another try.....ok this seemed to work. :D

Looks great.  I especially like the stainless/chrome trim on the door.  Nice touch.

HotRodLadyCrusr

Quote from: "sirstude"Denise, I bought a set of them for my Olds, when you stop by this summer, between Bonneville and Spokane, you can see them.

Doug

See them??  Better check my purse before I leave.  :wink:

HotRodLadyCrusr

Quote from: "sirstude"between Bonneville and Spokane, you can see them.

Doug

Unless they moved East Helena I don't think you are located betwwen B'ville and Spokane are you??  

When I leave B'viile I'm going to be heading thru Hells Canyon National Park to get to Spokane.  When I leave Missoula on that Monday I'll be heading thru Yellowstone to get to Jackson Hole for the night.    I'm thinking that morning I can visit your place if it's convienant.

tom36

We are using 57 Chevy arm rests, 52 Pontiac int. door trim(lower) and 55 Buick int. door trim(upper) I am having it done in Ultra Leather and Ultra suede.

I hope you all like it.[/quote]

I really like your choice of trim pieces.  Gives the door panels an elegant look !!!  Tom...

rumrumm

Nice job. I really like your door panel design.
Lynn
'32 3W

I write novels, too. https://lsjohanson.com

sirstude

Quote from: "HotRodLadyCrusr"
Quote from: "sirstude"between Bonneville and Spokane, you can see them.

Doug

Unless they moved East Helena I don't think you are located betwwen B'ville and Spokane are you??  

When I leave B'viile I'm going to be heading thru Hells Canyon National Park to get to Spokane.  When I leave Missoula on that Monday I'll be heading thru Yellowstone to get to Jackson Hole for the night.    I'm thinking that morning I can visit your place if it's convienant.

I forgot you like the back roads, my route is just I15 right up to my house.
1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

Watcher of #974 1953 Studebaker Bonneville pas record holder B/BGCC 249.945 MPH.  He sure is FAST

www.theicebreaker.us

reborn55

very nice--hope mine turns out that nice.
Like the nice subtle touches

HOTROD47

Thanks for all the positive comments.  This is something I have wanted to do for a few years now. I am glad it is turning out better than my expectations. I was never worried about the guy doing the work. You know how sometimes you just get so used to what is there that planning something new can get you all tied in knots????  Should be done next week. I'll post more pics then
Copper Hill Rod & Custom

HOTROD47

Thought I would add a pic of the front seat. Picking the car up on Saturday.

Happy Easter!!!
Copper Hill Rod & Custom