The Roofus Special

Started by Flipper, March 25, 2009, 08:54:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jaybee

I love this build, so much innovative thinking in this build, I love it.  Thanks for the update.
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)

Flipper

* happened and I did not make it to dad's house.

There was a wreck going the other direction. One of the cars crossed the centerline and I collided with them head on at 45 mph.

I don't have any broken bones or life threatening injuries, but I feel like I was thrown off of a 5 story building and landed in the grass.....I look ok, but everything hurts.

The little red car is screwed.

enjenjo

Wow! Glad to hear you are Ok.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Crosley.In.AZ

WOW ...  I bet you hurt.  Glad you came out  OK, just sore
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

chimp koose

Ouch, make sure that your soreness is just that.I have a friend that got kicked by his horse a few weeks ago,he felt pretty sore,three days later he was in hospital with internal bleeding.

Flipper

Pics from my wife's cell phone

UGLY OLDS

WOW    :!:    Your little red car really did a number on that big , mean , SUV thing ..... :shock:    That'll teach him to mess with little red cars    8)

Good to hear you're ok ......... :D

Bob....... :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

Flipper

I finally feel like digging in a getting some more work done.  I'm getting over the whiplash pretty well.  I'd say 90% gone.

I plan on going to dad's house next weekend come hell or high water.  There should be new pictures soon!

kb426

It's been months and I had forgot about your build. I'm glad you're better. Best wishes for the future.
TEAM SMART

UGLY OLDS

Good to see you're back in the game .... :D   Maybe you & Jack can do therapy together ?????  :lol:  :lol:
 Don't over-do anything & get messed up ( Like I did  :oops:  )  ....Take your time & heal correctly ....

Bob........ :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

jaybee

Glad to see you're ready to get back in the game.   Bet Roofus has missed you.
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)

Flipper

I finally did something!  I mounted my front spring.

After a whole lot of looking, I decided the spring belonged close to the front of the crossmember.

The fun started when I tried to figure out how to align the u-bolts.  There isn't a straight line on my crossmember to use as a reference point.

Next issue was where the threads were on my bolts.  I built a platform under the crossmember to have a nice  flat surface to bolt to.  The lovely seam down the middle is where I had to adjust the hole location on the platform. One chopsaw width was about perfect.

Now to remember exactly where I wanted to mount the crossmember.
Here...

...or here (pushed slightly forward)

enjenjo

I like the more forward position.

Flipper

I'm seriously thinking about cutting the firewall and transmission tunnel out of of the donor jag and grafting it into this car to make the registration process a little more legitimate.

Anybody think having jag sheetmetal in the center of the car would be worth the effort?

enjenjo

I don't know your state laws, but here it would be worth while.