Need sugestions for flash then on brake lights

Started by Beck, March 12, 2009, 03:00:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beck

I have seen some emergency vehicles with brake lights that make one quick flash before staying on. Is there a simple way to install such a device on a vehicle. It would be great if those electronics were in a little cube like a relay so I could just "plug and play".

58 Yeoman

I've got one on my motorcycle.  It flashes 3 times, then stays steady.  It's sold by Kriss.com and is wired easily.  It should be easy to hook it up for a car.
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

Beck

Quote from: "58 Yeoman"I've got one on my motorcycle.  It flashes 3 times, then stays steady.  It's sold by Kriss.com and is wired easily.  It should be easy to hook it up for a car.
I don't think I want it to flash 3 times. On a car/truck this unit would also flash with the blinker wouldn't it? In my car the same bulb is activated with both the brake and blinker. With the blinker cycling there would be a near constant fast flash on. I can see where it would work on a motorcycle since it is only the brake light. They are deffinately attention getters, which is the whole point.

Beck

chopped

When I put some L.E.D.'s in the 36 they came that way. You could set them to brake or flash brake.And they really lit-up the night.