Help with Seat ID...

Started by ripper, February 20, 2009, 10:48:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ripper

Hi All,
Just need some help ID-ing this US car seat
Dunno what is & hoping someone here could tell me...

Thanks greatly in advance
Cheers
ripper

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
May The Vehicle You Use To Get There Become The Reason For Going!
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

chopped

Just a guess to get the ball rolling. Mid 60's G.M. Pontiac maybe?

enjenjo

I'm guessing Buick, but the 60s era is right.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

ripper

thanks guys, i'll go check carbut.com and see if I can get lucky with an interior shot

cheers

wayne petty

there is a problem in guessing what kind of car that came out of ....

he is on the other side of the planet...   where most cars there are unfamiliar to us.... or US ....

so that could be out of a holden... of some kind...  perhaps a william holden..

it looks like it is north american..  but i bet that the dies went there when the north american production was finished..  

but i bet that the right side has more wear than the left... \

and... i have seen a lot of these what are these seat posts...     many people want to know so they can put it on ebay or CL...

instead of just posting the measurements...    between the seat tracks centers..    how high the bottom of the seat frame is above the seat tracks...  how might and wide the hump under the middle of the seat is..

the width of the seating area...    so you know that you can close both doors at the same time...

i had gotten some 60 40 buckets from the junk yard for a 78 seville milan  convertible that i used to service..    the owner hated the hard seats he had...   after i got this really nice set... i found that the center under hump was just too short... not by much.. but it took some modifications..   the relocated rear spring mounts were also in the way.. but he loved them...  (this car was shortened by 28 inches... )

so whats up wanting to know what type of car they came out of.????

any metal tags attached to the seat springs????

pictures of those seats might be shown to old time upholsters.. and old time junk yard guys.

chevrolets up here has something similar to that... it was an astro bench...

bench seat bottom,,,, flip down arm rests... bucket seat backs...

they came in impalas and caprice classics... back in  66 and 67..  i think the 67 and newer ones had head rests... but i could be mistaken... north american specs are different...

ripper

oopsy, sorry shoulda said it was a recent import from the USA...was in a Tri 5 Chev, but obviously not from there originally :-)

Sorry for the confusion, but you look to be right on it :-)

junkyardjeff

I am going to say 67 to 70 big pontiac,buick or olds.