51 Olds project

Started by DRD57, February 15, 2009, 12:38:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rrumbler

Silk purse from a sows ear, turd to diamond -- great work.  I do hope your "customer" is appropriately appreciative. );b(  :b-d:
Rrumbler - Older, grouchier, broken; but not completely dead, yet.

DRD57

The pinstriping was done by Ruben Holguin in Visalia. I've seen stipers all over the country and I've never seen anyone better. He can do any "style", his designs have perfect symmetry, the lines are smooth and consistent and his signature has to be seen to be believed.  

The upholstery was handled by the House of Trim in Paramount, CA. They got it done in time for me to spend a few days getting it shined up for the GNRS.    

We didn't get the car entered in the show in time so, we were planning on taking it to the Drive In portion of the show on Saturday and Sunday if we didn't get inside as a last minute susbstitution.
Fortunately, we got a call Friday morning informing us that there was an opening in building 5. I drove the car over to the Fairplex and after arguing with an overzealous gate guard I got in. Driving the car though the building and parallel parking it between all the other cars that were already set up was a nerve wracking experience.   I got the car in place and dusted off just a couple of hours before the opening of the show.  

There are still a few small details to attend to but, for the most part it's done.

THE END.

Crosley.In.AZ

Don, the finished product is amazing
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

Uncle Bob

Nice job on an uncommon car.  Bet there are a lot of "what did that start out as" questions.
Luck occurs when preparation and opportunity meet.

UGLY OLDS

VERY well done Don..... :b-d:  
A true test of Problems ...Challenges & "What-if's" .... :idea:
And you made it a beautiful automobile ..... );b(

Bob....... :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

chimp koose

That car is a jewel. A true testament to your skills and ability.

39deluxe

Fantastic. Love the striping and interior.

Tom

Glen

classy.....So many cars today are "over-done" with doo-dads, its nice to see this one.

jaybee

That is just outstanding work.  All the modifications work so well, looks like it should have come that way from the factory.

I really like the interior, especially the way the chevron pattern is repeated throughout in a way that pulls it all together.
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)

rumrumm

Lynn
'32 3W

I write novels, too. https://lsjohanson.com

tompeters

very well done . some beautiful lines there!  hope there are more to come. tom

parklane

Beautiful car. Not overdone, but just right.
If a blind person wears sunglasses, why doesn\'t a deaf person wear earmuffs??

RottenRodney

rog

less is more.. & with this car, that's all of it. fan-bloody-tastic!