51 Olds project

Started by DRD57, February 15, 2009, 12:38:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

enjenjo

Looking good Don. I was in Nevada when you had your open house, but with all my efforts, I couldn't make it over there. But I was thinking about you.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

DRD57

Quote from: "enjenjo"Looking good Don. I was in Nevada when you had your open house, but with all my efforts, I couldn't make it over there. But I was thinking about you.

It was probably cooler in Vegas that weekend. I heard it hit 111 degrees here that day. We still had fun but, the turnout was low. I'll have pictures up shortly.

DRD57

When Rotten left last time, this is how the former turd looked.  

The body work was about 90% done. Between his trips I worked on mechanical things, headlight mounting, tail lights, hard lines, etc.

This trip Rotten finished up the bodywork and we put in a marathon session to apply 3 coats of PCL primer to all body surfaces. It looks way mo bettah all in one color.

A few days before primer, the customer stopped by to check on progress and discuss final plans for the front bumper and grill. We decided that the transition between the bottom of the hood and the top of the grill needs some work so, as soon as the primer was dry I got out the grinder and tore into it. Here's where I am so far.

Next up is to add some transition pieces to the fronts of the fenders and finish welding up the hood pieces.

enjenjo

Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

jaybee

I love the pics of the C pillar area, that came out really well.  The hood to grill mod is going to be really nice as well.
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)

tonto1

You are really doing some nice looking work. Keep the pictures coming please. :D
Why are there more horses a**es in the world than there are horses?

DRD57

little more progress today

rumrumm

That transition is some nice work, Don. The project is coming along quite nicely. Thanks for posting the photos. I'm looking forward to seeing it in color.
Lynn
'32 3W

I write novels, too. https://lsjohanson.com

GPster

Don. I just bought a magazine (in a supermarket ) that has a picture of you not a picture you've taken. The heading on the page said you were a best friend. Congratulations! Reading that magazine will probably take presidence over the 1941 Indianapolis coverage in Throttle. I will probably make the formal announcement later but it's good to see that roadster movin under it's own power. GPster

39deluxe

Excellent work on the transformation. Just what it needed.

Tom

papastoyss

Quote from: "DRD57"little more progress today

The transition piece looks nice, I can't help but think that upper bumper  looks like a handlebar moustache , Yosimite Sam rides again!
grandchildren are your reward for not killing your teenagers!

DRD57

RottenRodney Has been working on the body work on this off & on for a few months. Thursday was paint day.
It's come a long way since it was dragged into my shop.
Rotten done good, REAL good.
Next up: cut & buff.

These two are base coat:

These are clear coat:

river1

looks good don!

when you get a chance how about a good profile shot?

later jim
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

Crosley.In.AZ

interesting on how getting the proper people on the job and look at the results.

the work progressed very well ,  good job
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)