RRT racer

Started by enjenjo, February 09, 2009, 09:49:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

enjenjo

Here are some pictures of a Crosley sedan I took at Indy this weekend. This is the body style we have. He moved the rear axle back from the stock position.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

39deluxe

Moving the axle back looks like a good idea and an easy way to get some extra wheelbase.

GPster

Quote from: "39deluxe"Moving the axle back looks like a good idea and an easy way to get some extra wheelbase.
I think that would pretty well kill it's use for SCTA racing. Even though we could  make false quarter panels to get access to the tires the tires wouldn't be in the wheel opening in it's stock location. We can pretty much do anything in front of the cowl but I think the body needs to be stock appearing from the cowl back and the beltline down. You're allowed to chop the top but there are another set of restrictions there. Might also be that with the wheelbase extended to the rear that if you try to get the most allowable engine set back for drag racing  that a lot of the engine will end up in the drivers compartment. There's a lot of ways to look at the design but each tech inspection has their set of rules. GPster

unklian

SCTA would requre stock quarter panels, but I've never seen
anything in the SCTA rules that requires the rear tires to be
in the stock location for Competition Coupe.

But then I don't have a hard copy of the latest rules.

Easy enough to ask.