RRT racer

Started by enjenjo, February 09, 2009, 09:49:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

enjenjo

Ok, I commited to buy the Crosley. We are getting close to having wenough shares subscribed to start.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Leon

We going to do a paypal thing or how do you want it?

GPster

Quote from: "enjenjo"Ok, I commited to buy the Crosley. We are getting close to having wenough shares subscribed to start.
How much are we committed.................for?  GPster

enjenjo

Quote from: "GPster"
Quote from: "enjenjo"Ok, I commited to buy the Crosley. We are getting close to having wenough shares subscribed to start.
How much are we committed.................for?  GPster

I am still dealing on price, last minute haggling.

We are setting up a paypal account for this, should be up tonight. Or you can send me or fatcat a check or money order.

GPster

I got to check today with the guy that had bought out a restorer's Crosley stock, no sedans. Checked with an owner of a Wagon and he only knew of the same sedan that has been sitting out that I knew of. Everyone that cares knows where it is but it hasn't moved for 30 years that I know of. It's out in the country,maybe it's a cemetery grave marker. GPster

enjenjo

Ok, I have the Crosley here, he would not come off $1000 so that is what we paid for it. I think we can get a good portion of it back selling parts we don't need. as soon as it warms up, I'll shoot some pictures of it.

We still need more people participating, we are at a standstill at this point money wise.  We need some money raising ideas.

39deluxe

I'm down to working 3 days a week, sometimes 4 so money is tight. I may have some parts I could donate depending on what direction the build is going. Do we have a build plan yet?

Tom

enjenjo

Yes, It would probably be a good time to review.

We have a 51? Crosley sedan body. We have a pair of 10" by 15" mag wheels for the back, a pair of coilover shocks for the back, most of the parts for the rear 4 bar, a straight tube axle for the front that will take early Ford spindles, spindles, a Powerglide, a heavy duty 9" housing, and 20 ft of 2x3x.125 tubing.

The wheel base will be between 110", and 120" SCTA legal cage.

enjenjo

I was thinking today. we were discussing the rear fenders this weekend, and the fact that we want to cut them out for slicks. How about we cut carefully, then we can install the cut out part as skirts for LSR. This would allow servicing tires without tearing the car all apart.  What do you think?

moose

WHy not. As we were discussing We need the room to run a slick for drag racing. Would the skirt/rear fender meet the rules for the salt?

enjenjo

As long as it's the original shape it should pass inspection. I sent you a PM.

Crosley.In.AZ

I would thinnk with the proper dzus mounting  of the fender panel cut out  , it should be good for tech at SCTA ?
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

enjenjo

Quote from: "Crosley"I would thinnk with the proper dzus mounting  of the fender panel cut out  , it should be good for tech at SCTA ?

That's what I am thinking too. I know I saw cars there with removeable panels.

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "enjenjo"
Quote from: "Crosley"I would thinnk with the proper dzus mounting  of the fender panel cut out  , it should be good for tech at SCTA ?

That's what I am thinking too. I know I saw cars there with removeable panels.

yep,  I believe one was a red Crosley car
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

unklian

Quote from: "enjenjo"How about we cut carefully, then we can install the cut out part as skirts for LSR.

Bonneville will require the stock rear wheel opening.
No problem with Dzeus removable panels.

You could make the whole quarter panel removable, and have two sets.