New guy from Colorado

Started by bigtim44, February 04, 2009, 09:50:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigtim44

Been lurking on here for a few years ,thought I'd better say Hi and join in the fun.I've been into hot rods since I was a kid.I have too many projects but the main one is my 1931 Ford sedan that I race up at Bonneville salt flats,173mph so far and hoping to up that a bit with the new motor I'm putting together right now.
 I've met a few of the members from here up at Bonneville during speedweek.

-Tim

Charlie Chops 1940

Orange car...Bonneville....hmmmm. You'll be just fine here!

Charlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

enjenjo

Welcome to the RRT. what kind of power in that A?
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Crosley.In.AZ

Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

bigtim44

Its powered by a blown and methanol injected caddy 500 :D
Has quite a crackle to it!
-Tim

Quote from: "enjenjo"Welcome to the RRT. what kind of power in that A?

enjenjo

Quote from: "bigtim44"Its powered by a blown and methanol injected caddy 500 :D
Has quite a crackle to it!
-Tim

Quote from: "enjenjo"Welcome to the RRT. what kind of power in that A?

Oh, another belly button motor  :lol:  How many RPM through the timers? What rear gear? 6-71 or ???
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

WZ JUNK

Quote from: "bigtim44"Been lurking on here for a few years ,thought I'd better say Hi and join in the fun.I've been into hot rods since I was a kid.I have too many projects but the main one is my 1931 Ford sedan that I race up at Bonneville salt flats,173mph so far and hoping to up that a bit with the new motor I'm putting together right now.
 I've met a few of the members from here up at Bonneville during speedweek.

-Tim

Welcome to the RRT.  We need more Bonneville people.

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

GPster

Quote from: "enjenjo"Oh, another belly button motor  :lol:  How many RPM through the timers? What rear gear? 6-71 or ???
Those 372" Red Diamond "Corn Binder" straight six motors seem to be a little hard to come up with. My looking fell through. Where in Colorado? my mother and brother and his family live around Denver (Lakewood). I'll be out there in june. I don't build motors but I can put in pop rivets. GPster

HotRodLadyCrusr

yep, especially cute ones  :lol:

Welcome aboard sweetie!
Your topless crusn buddy, Denise

Looking for old good for nothing flathead heads to use for garden project.

rx4ord

Cool car. Any more pics Denise? Are they home made wheel covers or off the shelf? Dave
When I was young I went hard and fast.Now I\'m old I still go hard, only slower

HotRodLadyCrusr

Quote from: "rx4ord"Cool car. Any more pics Denise?

Me?  Have more photos?  Of course I do :wink:

Your topless crusn buddy, Denise

Looking for old good for nothing flathead heads to use for garden project.

bigtim44

Denise -Thanks for posting those great pics,we'll have to get some pics of you sitting in the sedan at this years speedweek :D

Enjenjo-Here's some details for ya,2.47 diff,1:1 final,32 inch tall dunlop rear tires,I think it was turning at about 4500rpm @173(I'll have to check that though! Blower is a magnesium 10-71 with stripped rotors ,sitting on top is an old Enderle barn door injector.I'll see if I can load up a pic of the blower motor

GPster-I live in Basalt 20 miles from glenwood springs ,I'm actually going down to Denver tomorrow for the big swap meet,I'll be staying in Lakewood with some friends.

Rx4ord- The wheel covers are srew on 'Moon' wheel covers and have 6 screw holes as per the scta rules.

river1

Quote from: "bigtim44"I live in Basalt 20 miles from glenwood springs

how many welding shops are in basalt?

my nephew worked, as an accountant, for a while at a welding shop there in basalt. he liked it up there tho now he is in WV.

later jim
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

bigtim44

Jim-there  are 3 welding shops that I know of,the one thats big enough to have a full time accountant is probably 'Myers steel'

-Tim

GPster

Quote from: "bigtim44"GPster-I live in Basalt 20 miles from glenwood springs ,I'm actually going down to Denver tomorrow for the big swap meet,I'll be staying in Lakewood with some friends
My mother and my wife have both decided that I need to go to the springs so I guess I'll be there sometime between the second and the tenth of June. You probably won't see to many Veraldo sin the phone book but I think that all of them but the one who is Italian are relatives of mine. Now I know what I can do if I get bored with hot springs. GPster