River Ranch Rod Run - Florida

Started by Grandadeo, January 11, 2009, 11:21:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grandadeo

Just posted the contact info for the River Ranch Rod Run on the Calendar.  The dates are January 30 and 31, 2009.  SATURDAY is the day to go if you are only going to be there one day.  Hope to see some of you Florida folks (Bryan) and any snowbirds that might be lurking in the area.  

Lee
Salt Is Good... Mk 9:50

msuguydon

Quote from: "Grandadeo"Just posted the contact info for the River Ranch Rod Run on the Calendar.  The dates are January 30 and 31, 2009.  SATURDAY is the day to go if you are only going to be there one day.  Hope to see some of you Florida folks (Bryan) and any snowbirds that might be lurking in the area.  

Lee

ahhh details plz.. can the tuna boat come or is this a pre 50's thing?
Would plastic be okay for you today?

Proud Member of Team Smart

Grandadeo

The Tuna Boat will be welcomed with open arms.  I don't think there is a year cut off and if there is it's way after 1958.  RR is a great little meet.  Out in the middle of no where in kind of a dude ranch setting.  Things for the kids like a petting zoo, horse back riding, etc.  About 300+ cars of all types and a very small swap meet.  I think you would like it.  Bryan came over a year or two ago.  Have not heard from him this year other than he is working a lot.  Not sure what the drive time would be for you.  If you look at a map RR is on Hwy 60 east of Lake Wales.  The entrance is located just before you cross the Kissimmee River.  If you come over try to get there by no later than around 9:00 AM or so to get a close in parking spot.  Let me know if you think you are going to make it.  That reminds me, I need to contact a few more friends over your way to see if they are coming.  

Lee

msuguydon

Quote from: "Grandadeo"Bryan came over a year or two ago.  Have not heard from him this year other than he is working a lot.  

Lee

Bryan is on a cruise.. so he isn't working hard this week  :D
Would plastic be okay for you today?

Proud Member of Team Smart

Grandadeo

Got my registration card back in the mail today.  I'm #173.  Looks like there will be a good turnout.

Lee

Grandadeo

Last call for River Ranch!  We'll be on the road semi-early Saturday morning heading up to the River Ranch Rod Run. Hope to see some of you Florida RRTers there, snowbirds welcome too. The Weather Channel dart board is calling for cool temps, mid 60's and 0 chance of rain. Great roadster weather.  See ya there.

Lee