Here's A Real Piece O' Poo -- You Might Like It...

Started by RottenRodney, January 09, 2009, 12:47:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GPster

History is where you find it and sometimes you don't recognise it. Why didn't you mention why you used Doc in the title of the Hudson article? I'm old enough to have watched the Moppet movies with a younger generation and was always amazed by the two levels of humor that those stories had. There was a kids level of humor and there was always enough adult "Wit" to keep parents watching. Now that kid generation has brought about another generation and a new generation of cartoon movies so us grandparents have a chance to be amuzed again. The cartoon movie "Cars" slid Hudsons into the limelite and I'm sure that those two younger generations think that it's just fiction. Doc Hudson is one of the cartoon characters and the history that you've given plus the cartoon is a great bunch of history. Thank you for adding to that story. Just a bit more. As a kid in the early '50s I lived for a while accross the street from a Hudson dealership so I am a little tuned in to that name. Also in the early '50s Walt Disney (the figurehead of the company that made the "Cars" movie/cartoon) had a Sunday evening TV show, sponsored by Hudson. While talking history I was recently looking at an old "Sports Illustrated" magazine that had an article on retired sports icons and what they're doing now. I was attracted to the section about Richard Petty. I figured that the "King" mentioned in the cartoon was referring to him and I thought that the Charger with the wing that he was driving might add to the story. Surprisingly the "Sports Illustrated" article mentioned that Richard Petty always had the number 43 on his cars and the cars were always painted blue. Guess what the cartoon did with that. I'd investigate the other car numbers and drivers nicknames in that cartoon but I'm too busy looking at interesting stuff on the WEB and right now I'm stuck in the "B"s at Ben....... Thanks again GPster

Uncle Bob

rottman, I've enjoyed the e-rag, subscribed a couple weeks ago for the email delivery.  Hadn't gotten this one in the email.  Are we getting a "sneak peak" here, or is there a hitch in the cyber getalong?
Luck occurs when preparation and opportunity meet.

RottenRodney

Quote from: "Uncle Bob"rottman, I've enjoyed the e-rag, subscribed a couple weeks ago for the email delivery.  Hadn't gotten this one in the email.  Are we getting a "sneak peak" here, or is there a hitch in the cyber getalong?
Umm... No hitches that I'm aware of, but you're right, the announcement is a little tardy. 'Tween us, the announcer has been pretty busy shovelin' snow and preppin' for an upcomin' road trip. I'll give him a little nudge.

GPster, I'll try to answer your question: We're thinkin' our readership is pretty gearheaded -- like if you're interested in BENCHRACE, you're probably up to speed with Doc Hudson. Just givin' yawl credit for what ya already know -- that was our intention. There may be some other times when we'll let folks figger certain things out on their own to keep the audience participation stimulated. It's all a test.

Guys, we appreciate the feedback. We're takin' notes and learnin' from it.

Thanks...

RR

Uncle Bob

Man......you've got power...............just hit my email box a bit ago.  Thanks
Luck occurs when preparation and opportunity meet.