pedal pad opinion

Started by tomslik, December 22, 2008, 05:33:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomslik

i need to put something on some pedals (clutch and brake)
i don't car for the rubbers that fall off even if i COULD get new one soooo..
expanded metal welded on top?
rhino coat em?
???
ideas?
The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it\'s still on my list

C9

52-59 Ford brake pedal.

This one is for the clutch or stick shift brake.

Molded rubber on the steel pad.
Available at Dennis Carpenter.

The auto trans brake pedal is wider and I have one if it would help you.

Here's another pic.

Disregard the shoe, it's too far forward on the throttle pedal - was trying to illustrate some ergonomic stuff.

Don't sweat the piece of missing rubber on the lower left.
The pedal pad is from a 53 Ford, the rubber is a little brittle.
Still hanging in there though.

Here's a little different view.

Using the same pedal on the 31.
C9

Sailing the turquoise canyons of the Arizona desert.

Wooden Rodder

I think i saw something in a spray can in a movie once. I think it was called The Blues Brothers. From memory, I don't think he had any trouble with his shoe slipping off the pedal. :wink:  

Seriously though, I'd try Bob Drake.
I\'ve got a woodie

purplepickup

They make double sided duct tape nowadays.... :wink:

How about one of those aggressive mountain bike pedals?....
George

enjenjo

glue the pad on with windshield urethane, it will never come off..... ever! :shock:
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

zzford

Jay, when d'ja lose the leg?

nzsimon

Use a pad off a modern car make a piece of steel the right size or use the original piece that fit the pad and weld it to your pedal then fit pad

Thats what I did
Just because it\'s written down doesn\'t make it true

wayne petty

its a shame the pedal is installed in the car...    dynatron #660 urethane bumper repair kit could be used to make a custom pad...   use some aluminum foil tape to make a surround for the pedal ... fill it with a big batch of the urethane kit...   in 30 minutes start to shape it...   messy in the car...  a lot of fun on the bench...  should last for decades... it is used to repair torn out patches in rubber covered front bumpers..

again    just an idea...

i use a ton of it to fill hollow motor mounts found on hondas and transmission mounts on taurus and sables... they never tear out again... tape on one side.. small batches quickly in until it is filled...

http://www.3m.com/US/auto_marine_aero/Bondo/catalog_item40fb.html?itemNbr=661

tomslik

okay....i guess i wasn't too clear about what i had in mind.... 1st off, rubber is OUT!
i had in mind something a little more "racey" if you get my drift....
purple has an interesting idea though...
The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it\'s still on my list

Charlie Chops 1940

I made a pair of slightly larger spoons that match the throttle spoon shape of unit similar to the one on Jay's roadster. Welded a bolt to the back side and a tab on the clutch and brake arms. I have very limited foot room on the track roadster so I kept trimming the width untill the interference went away.

Charlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

papastoyss

There is a type of expanded metal that is used for catwalks that has a teeth like surface on one side. Ultimate anti slip.
grandchildren are your reward for not killing your teenagers!

UGLY OLDS

Tom..As long as we are thinking "Racecar"...Remove the pedal from the car ..Paint black (or what ever) ..While the paint is still wet..Sprinkle sand into the wet paint ..Let it dry & re-install...Did this on crane ladder steps & flat bed decks ....Makes a nice "Non-Skid" surface...  :idea:   Best of all....It weigh's NOTHING.....  :shock:   Oh..When it wears out in a year or so...Do it over..... :0-0

Jay..Thats the most economical "cruise control" I've ever seen..... :lol:

Bob.............. :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

nzsimon

There is a heavy duty tape used on skateboards that is like a 80 grit sandpaper with a self adhesive backing I used it on the lotus gas pedal
Just because it\'s written down doesn\'t make it true

Crosley.In.AZ

t-slik... back in the early 1980's I would machine up a chunk of aluminum and bolt it to the OE brake pedal..

usually some recessed angled edge allen type of fasteners.
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

chimp koose

put a bunch of bolts through the pedal and weld them on the back side? sort of an industrial type knobby tread?