Friday morning COE update

Started by 348tripower, November 28, 2008, 06:53:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

348tripower

Well, the Coe got to see some daylight.  I pulled it out side to change hoists and to do some cleaning before eating turkey. My young bodyman/ friend came over Wednesday and rolled the bottoms of the rear stake pockets. :D
I am still closing in the ends of the running boards. :!:  I didn't know if this beast would fit the drive on hoist, but, It does.  :-o  Enjoy the pictures.
Don

Don Colliau

Charlie Chops 1940

That is looking very good Don. Looks almost like you could add a ramp on the top. Nice job.

Helps to get thigs outside where you can get the larger perspective.

Charlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

57larry

Danimal

Looks good. Too many projects out front but you've got me thinking!

Oldrodder43

Hello Don.  What did you use for a chassis for the COE?  I have a '52 GMC 2 ton that has a half decent (?) cab.  I have been debating for several months on what to do.  I was thinking on a 1 ton dually donor and make a ramp truck car hauler, but too much work, too much money, too much time!  Then was thinking of a 1/2 or 3/4 ton van chassis.  Then advertised it for sale!  Still have it, still thinking!  haahaaa. :?

phat rat

What frame you use really depends on what you want to do with the truck when done.  Wheelbase lenght dictates how long the bed is. A regular cab bed will give you the shortest bed lenght and that's about 10 ft. The Chev van doesn't have a frame under it. It's a unibody
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

348tripower

Quote from: "Oldrodder43"Hello Don.  What did you use for a chassis for the COE?  I have a '52 GMC 2 ton that has a half decent (?) cab.  I have been debating for several months on what to do.  I was thinking on a 1 ton dually donor and make a ramp truck car hauler, but too much work, too much money, too much time!  Then was thinking of a 1/2 or 3/4 ton van chassis.  Then advertised it for sale!  Still have it, still thinking!  haahaaa. :?

I used a 96 Chevy 1500 4 door frame. I didn't want a heavy duty rig.
Don Colliau

moose

Nice proportions and profile. Any ideas what you are going to use for a bed/engine cover?

Tim