Another COE Update

Started by 348tripower, November 24, 2008, 05:45:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

348tripower

Quote from: "31suv"This is a little off the tail lite subject. All those mentioned above are great ideas. My ? is what frame do you have the truck sitting on? I commend you on your craftsmanship .

It is a 1996 Chevy 1500 4 door frame. Thanks for the commendation. I am putting a lot of thought into this project.  :D
Don Colliau

Danimal

Quote from: "moose"As for tail lights I have some 60's chevy bullet lenses. A couple frenched intoeach fender. I will try yo get a pic if interested you can have them. I was going to use them in the fenders of my old step side but never got around to it. Leave some of the lens exposed and that gives you some side light.

You know, I kind of like those. I wasn't expecting that look but it is different enough to stand out and work the dual purpose that Tim talked about.

348tripower

I don't have anything new to add today. I was in nortnern Illinois and back Saturday. Sunday was a slow day. I did make front fender mounts, line up the running boards and mount the trailer hitch. I will post more pictures later. I did cut an opening in the rolled pan for the trailer hitch access. I just need to find a spring loaded mount for the license plate to cover the hitch opening. Frank and Tim, I am still thinking about the lights. :D
Don
Don Colliau

58 Yeoman

Don, there are two styles at JCW, about 1/2 way down the page.  The second one looks a lot like the oem style on cars way back when.  You could make a recess to mount it.

http://www.jcwhitney.com/autoparts/Search?catalogId=10101&storeId=10101&sku=license+plate
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil