Another COE Update

Started by 348tripower, November 24, 2008, 05:45:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

348tripower

Here are some update pictures of my project. Running boards and the rear rolled pan. I would like some suggestions for tail lights for this beast!  And for those of you that are wondering, the wife got a clean bill of health from the biopsy!!!!!!!! Seems she had a lung infection a one time that left some scarring in the right lung.
Thanks,
Don

Don Colliau

Uncle Bob

You might have seen that the late '30s Zephyr tail lights are being repopped in the LED world.  Shaped like the '39 Ford only larger, would work with the scale of space you have there.
http://www.speedwaymotors.com/1938-1939-LINCOLN-ZEPHYR-LED-TAILLIGHTS,8978.html
Luck occurs when preparation and opportunity meet.

GPster

I'm glad to hear your wife's report. It's nice to know before the holiday so you can give thanks. Dumb idea off the top of my head. Because there are no stake pocket holes does that mean those braces are just for looks and stiffening? Could some type of red light bar be slid up the braces from the bottom with holes made through the sides of the stiffener to let the light out? You could make holes up the back side and side (for side marker light). The first impression is to tunnel the rolled pan but everyone does that and it would leave you without side lights. But something different would keep them guessing  and put light closer to the edges of the body. GPster

348tripower

Quote from: "GPster"I'm glad to hear your wife's report. It's nice to know before the holiday so you can give thanks. Dumb idea off the top of my head. Because there are no stake pocket holes does that mean those braces are just for looks and stiffening? Could some type of red light bar be slid up the braces from the bottom with holes made through the sides of the stiffener to let the light out? You could make holes up the back side and side (for side marker light). The first impression is to tunnel the rolled pan but everyone does that and it would leave you without side lights. But something different would keep them guessing  and put light closer to the edges of the body. GPster

I just haven't gotten to cutting he sake pocket holes. :D Maybe A caddy light in the stake pocket? The zepher looks interesting.
Don Colliau

Danimal

With the size of that monster, I'd say instead of sinking some Impala lights in the roll, I'd stick a couple of sets of '62 Galaxie lights in there!

Like the running boards.

Great to hear about your wife.

enjenjo

I have some new lenses for a 61 ford, a couple sets.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

ONE37TUDOR

I think some of the tall slim Cadalac lights would look good with the height of the tailgate and roll pan?
Scott...
SCOTT,  slow moving, slow talking, no typing SCOTT

moose

Don,
GREAT news about Kathy. Should make for a good thanks giving.

As for tail lights I have some 60's chevy bullet lenses. A couple frenched intoeach fender. I will try yo get a pic if interested you can have them. I was going to use them in the fenders of my old step side but never got around to it. Leave some of the lense exposed and tha tgives you some side light.

Tim

Crosley.In.AZ

it will interesting to get the right look on the roll pan with tail  lights , license plate and exhaust through /around / near the roll pan.

I would have to mock up some card board pieces on the roll pan to get an idear what stuff would look like.
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

348tripower

Quote from: "moose"Don,
GREAT news about Kathy. Should make for a good thanks giving.

As for tail lights I have some 60's chevy bullet lenses. A couple frenched intoeach fender. I will try yo get a pic if interested you can have them. I was going to use them in the fenders of my old step side but never got around to it. Leave some of the lense exposed and tha tgives you some side light.

Tim

Ok, lets have a look :D
Don Colliau

348tripower

Quote from: "enjenjo"I have some new lenses for a 61 ford, a couple sets.

I will do a search and see what they look like. :)
Don Colliau

31suv

This is a little off the tail lite subject. All those mentioned above are great ideas. My ? is what frame do you have the truck sitting on? I commend you on your craftsmanship .
East Texas,the right side of Texas

Danimal

Quote from: "348tripower"
Quote from: "enjenjo"I have some new lenses for a 61 ford, a couple sets.

I will do a search and see what they look like. :)

I personally like these and you could french them with stove pipe!
http://www.carnut.com/cgi-bin/06/image.pl?/show/06/ggkc/ggk0491.jpg

moose

Don,
Here are the pics I mentioned.....

wayne petty

why not... some amber turn signals in the end of the rolled bed ends..

and some led third brake lite assys  (think or a row of dots)... for the brake lights on either side the back of the stake boxes...   mounted vertical

i don't know if they are doable in duel brightness...    maybe mount two sets side by side with additional red covers on the tail lights to dim them slightly...

maybe....