crosley's et's

Started by tomslik, November 22, 2008, 03:28:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomslik

just for fun, how about  guessing crosley's et's (if he passes tech)
i'm gonna go out on a limb and say 15.80's

next!
The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it\'s still on my list

chimp koose

Ill go 15.79, ha,ha, are we playing pass time here? actually I might go 15.4.Nice car by the way Crosley.

tomslik

Quote from: "chimp koose"Ill go 15.79, ha,ha, are we playing pass time here? actually I might go 15.4.Nice car by the way Crosley.

hadn't thought of that, but i guess so,huh?

purplepickup

I'm gonna guess that he gets into the 14's....maybe 14.50ish 8)
George

wayne petty

are those the predictions  for the 1/8 mile drag strip ... :lol:

any  body ever get kicked out of a track for going too fast...

10:60 @132 was way too fast ...  i used to have the time slip...    they gave it to us on the way out the gate...  after reading us the rule book... and inviting us to not bring the car back..

things that were needed...    roll cage... drive shaft hoop,  on board fire bottles,  5 point harness, retained axles,  long wheel studs, and a parachute...

funny thing.... it was basicly a street car...  

67 camaro...    fiberglass cowl induction hood...   small journal  11:1 327,  310/510 cam erson. 1.6 roller rockers, race ported 461X heads,  victor jr,  850 double pumper, 1-7/8" primary headers and a 3 inch exhaust back to 2-1/2" turbo mufflers, 3500 stall, power glide, 5:13's in the tight shimmed 10 bolt,      and the 400hp plate unit with the 20 pound bottle where the passenger seat would be...  it only ran 12:28 @118 without the squeeze..

and... this is not impressive for today...   but in the mid 80's     but with a hand full of parts... it can be done again and again...

so   tony ... i hope with todays technology... and your straight six falcon... that you get close...

best of luck ....    and keep the shiny side up...

wayne

UGLY OLDS

Just for giggles.....16.10 / 16.30 ish...( Not wishing anything bad ,but that's still a lot of car to pull with 200"...)
Com'on Tony ...Prove me WRONG  :!:

Bob...... :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

river1

since the 13s haven't been taken, i'll go 13.90

later jim
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

Crosley.In.AZ

LOL.....  you guys are too funny.  :lol:   On the flip side , I had fun.

On the road trip to the track my wife said : "it will run a 16.9  I bet" ..  I was hoping for a low 17 second run.   The car ran well.  200 cid is a small motor to pull the car around.

First pass was a 16.93   at 79 mph.  Shifted at 5k RPM

Second pass was a 16.83 at 79 mph..  I shifted a 5200 RPM

Trap RPM is 4700 ... when I looked.  I was past the lights  with my foot still in it.

A spark plug check indicated the motor was lean.  A timing check showed 37* total timing (where I set it)

I put the car on the trailer since I had no way to richen the carb up .  I have a Holley 2 barrel I will machine an adapter for.  Obviously this log head is costing me some power.

The posi unit is very noisy in a turn. I have Mobil 1 oil in the differential.

8)
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

chimp koose

Lets get technical.what was your time with altitude correction?Wayne we got THE WARNING at the track this summer.We went 9.86  @ 135+ mph,breaking 2 rules in one pass.If we did eithera9 sec. pass or 135mph again that season we would get THE LETTER ,the one banning us from the track for one month during the points season.

UGLY OLDS

Quote from: "Crosley"LOL.....  you guys are too funny.  :lol:   On the flip side , I had fun.

On the road trip to the track my wife said : "it will run a 16.9  I bet" ..  I was hoping for a low 17 second run.   The car ran well.  200 cid is a small motor to pull the car around.

First pass was a 16.93   at 79 mph.  Shifted at 5k RPM

QuoteSecond pass was a 16.83 at 79 mph..  I shifted a 5200 RPM

Trap RPM is 4700 ... when I looked.  I was past the lights  with my foot still in it.

A spark plug check indicated the motor was lean.  A timing check showed 37* total timing (where I set it)

I put the car on the trailer since I had no way to richen the carb up .  I have a Holley 2 barrel I will machine an adapter for.  Obviously this log head is costing me some power.

The posi unit is very noisy in a turn. I have Mobil 1 oil in the differential.

8)

Uhhhh.....What do I win ???? :lol:  :lol:  8)

Bob........... :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

tomslik

a "date" with your hand;)

hey cros, what's the altitude at the track you were at?

tomslik

Quote from: "chimp koose"Lets get technical.what was your time with altitude correction?Wayne we got THE WARNING at the track this summer.We went 9.86  @ 135+ mph,breaking 2 rules in one pass.If we did eithera9 sec. pass or 135mph again that season we would get THE LETTER ,the one banning us from the track for one month during the points season.

you have a speed limit at your track? :shock:

Crosley.In.AZ

Altitude at the track is about 1600' actual.

Keep in mind this was the first time out to the track for the ol Falcon.

What was weird is , I have never done 80mph in an old  Falcon.  If the car in the other lane had not been out running me so hard ( 11 sec car) I would have thought the Falcon was running much faster.  :lol:
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

wayne petty

tony... exactly which carb are you running...    if you don't know which model .. post a picture of it...  i have several places to get jets...   they come  in blanks... with a  predrilled to a small size...    either order them to the size you want... or drill them your self...    i have a pile of old carbs. i might even have some jets to mail to you for drilling by you....

also... if you have a chance...     can you measure the center to center distance of the carb mounting studs...  i seem to recall having a 2 bbl to single adaptor bolted to the bottom of one of the junk pile of carbs...

i just dont remember which carb is was bolted to...   might be on the bottom of a webber progressive 2 bbl...  think holley 5200...

there is another way to get more carbs on it...     weld up some tubing.. in a Y   that bolts to the intake..    i still think i had the stuff to build a pair of tubes that could feed air to the ends of the log manifold..   i guess that would not work as i don't think the back of the log is drilled and plugged like the front is... or is it..???  my head is too fat to get between the firewall and the log section...    

wayne.... :lol:

edit... seen this tony..

http://www.bevenyoung.com.au/prdt638.htm

chimp koose

tomslik if you go over 135 mph your car must be certified as per NHRA,same as if you go 9's.