Daytona - Who's going???

Started by Grandadeo, November 17, 2008, 10:59:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grandadeo

It's that time again.  Daytona - you either love it or hate it.  For me it's a chance to spend the weekend seeing lots of old friends and what I can find in the swap meet, when I can get away from my swap space.  I even heard they have a car show there.  Never seems to be enough time to get over to that side of the infield though.   I try to bring home less than I take. Sometimes I actually make it.  My swap space is Yellow Field Row 9 space 298.  It's on the north side of the east end of the big paved curve in the yellow field. I'll be there Friday and Saturday, maybe Sunday but things get pretty thin on Sunday.  You are all welcome to stop by and have a coke and rest your bones.  Stash your swap treasures too while you walk around.  Cookies are always welcome.

Lee
Salt Is Good... Mk 9:50

zzford

Count me in, Lee. I'll be heading up Friday. Hope to see you and a few of the Black Dog crew. Fred

BFS57

Hello;
I want to go but this time to go to the swap. Last time I drove my Vicky from Orlando.
The wife likes the turkey legs! (of all things) and I want to find some interiour stuff fro my 57 Chevy. Last time, there was a guy selling windlace already made up as well as some other stuff I am looking for that I could only find there.
This will be a fine outing to test the endurance of my new right hip!!

Bruce

msuguydon

Not me... family in from up North.  Will be eating turkey and watching the Lions lose!
Would plastic be okay for you today?

Proud Member of Team Smart

HotRodLadyCrusr

I'm driving Big Olds down.  I'm leaving this Friday after work.  Got plans to visit car pals along the way including the Poor Boys in Spring Hill for a BBQ.  Will make my way over to Daytona Beach on Tuesday so if you see Big Olds cruzn around honk, wave, whatever, and we'll visit.  Will head for home on Sunday morning.  

The HAMB has it's own parking area so if you're around spot #910 either on Friday or Saturday at 12 noon I will for sure be there at that time for their Meet & Greet.  Please feel free to join us and meet some other like minded car guys.  I can be found at other times parked in a grassy, playground area (?) kinda in the middle with some VT car pals.

Looking forward to seeing you guys again.
Your topless crusn buddy, Denise

Looking for old good for nothing flathead heads to use for garden project.

Rayvyn

I don't know if I'll be there or not. I'm working out of town until T day, so it's up in the air still. Hopefully not sure yet.
***SFC-Team Smart***

What can a bird do that a man can\'t?

Whistle through his pecker...

4T64RD

I don't know much about what happened, but Denise is OK, her rear end finally decided it didn't want to take her abuse anymore and grenaded on her near Dayton, Ohio. She's got a ride back to Detroit, and Big Olds is headed to TN for repairs for the winter. She won't be making iot to our Poor Boy BBQ, and we are all sad.

I'll be at the track Saturday, I'll be camping in Holly Hill, by Friday night, and staying in town until after breakfast Sunday... I need a back seat to ride into the track Saturday AM with if somebody's got a back seat (or cargo bed) big enough for two. Denise was my ride in.

See ya there Lee, look for me at the HAMB thing at the East end of Lake Lloyd
http://www.poorboysflorida.com

New site!!!

Boycott IHOP!!! Buy American pancakes

Grandadeo

Bummer, I was looking forward to seeing Denise again.  Hope everything's OK considering her car broke.  Wanted my youngest daughter to meet her and get a little insipiration for taking over my T Touring project.  

Lee

HotRodLadyCrusr

Yep, I'm offically out. :cry:  
Very bummed to say the least.
Lee, Perhaps I'll get there next year and your daughter and I can meet and hang out.

Details and photos of the carnage can be read here.

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=311732&showall=1
Your topless crusn buddy, Denise

Looking for old good for nothing flathead heads to use for garden project.

Grandadeo

Lee, Perhaps I'll get there next year and your daughter and I can meet and hang out.

We'll look forward to it.

Lee

junkyardjeff

I was there and had a good time but I came back to cold here in Ohio and want to go back.  Jeff