RB's Obsolete

Started by Leon, November 10, 2008, 06:10:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leon

I was looking for them and my links that I have saved won't work.  Are they still in business?   I tried http://www.rbobsolete.com and http://www.rbsauto.com which both worked at one time.

Crosley.In.AZ

there are comments around a few web sites that the place is gone. Also comments they were bought..... I don't know.

It's one of those places I was treated poorly  by them  several years ago and swore I would never buy from  them again.

As I recall they were in Arizona ?
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

enjenjo

They went belly up a few months ago.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

IC2

With the attitude they pulled on me - I can see why. Then there was the 10% minimum shipping charge - if you had a 1# but $500 item, it was $50 and if I recall, plus postage(but may be wrong on that point).

To stay in business it's customer service that counts. I ended up buying much more from Yogi's and of course Summit instead

tomslik

Quote from: "Crosley"there are comments around a few web sites that the place is gone. Also comments they were bought..... I don't know.

It's one of those places I was treated poorly  by them  several years ago and swore I would never buy from  them again.

i thought they were in washington state...
i don't remeber, it's been years since i ordered anything from them..for the same reasons as anybody else here the way it sounds
The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it\'s still on my list

enjenjo

Quote from: "tomslik"
Quote from: "Crosley"there are comments around a few web sites that the place is gone. Also comments they were bought..... I don't know.

i thought they were in washington state...
i don't remeber, it's been years since i ordered anything from them..for the same reasons as anybody else here the way it sounds

They moved to AZ a couple years ago.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

phat rat

Was that another deal like Yearwood and a new owner moves the company?
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

Leon

Two years ago when I built the new chassis for the 54, I ordered the rear spring kit from them, talked with the guys in Arizona, but when it came to actually making the rear springs they had me talk to a guy in Washington so we could get the ride height right.  So at that time it looked like they were still doing fab up north while their sales were in AZ.

gazza2947

does this make my RB's t-shirt a collectors item ?  8)

bids accepted now... :lol:
a hot rod doesn\'t need a roof; but it does need louvres...

purplepickup

Quote from: "gazza2947"does this make my RB's t-shirt a collectors item ?  8)
Naw, it's just obsolete :wink:
George