E Bay question

Started by chopped, November 09, 2008, 08:36:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chopped

Never used it and would like to. If I click buy it now and paypal will it let me pay with a reguler credit card or do I need a paypal account?

kb426

you will need a paypal account
TEAM SMART

unklian

Setting up a Paypal account is no problem at all.

UGLY OLDS

If your purchase is NOT from an individual, you can sometimes E-Mail the seller & provide C/card info over the phone...This has worked for me on occasion.....ALWAYS E-Mail & ask the seller FIRST.......

Hope this helps .....

Bob.............. :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

chopped

I guess I'll have to set one up. I've got a 64 Buick now and parts are few and far between, thanks.

BFS57

Hello;
Just remember that when you sell on EBAY, the Pay Pal hog takes money out for you selling and going through Pay Pal!. So, It is my advise that you send money orders that way the seller gets the full amount for the item minus what EBAY takes beside the added value money they get if the bid goes over the amount the seller originally wanted!!
This is why some sellers only accept money orders!
Between EBAY and Pay Pal if you sell, it can cost you almost 20%!!
Just a little food for thought!

Bruce

phat rat

Because of the hassle I've heard it can be if your selling, I set my Paypal up only to pay not receive payment. By hassle I'm talking about the fact that they can freeze your account if someone * whether they had a leg to stand on or not. As long as your buying and the seller accepts Paypal it's great. You don't have to run for a money order and the seller ships quicker.
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

Mac

I had my PayPal account set up to link directly to a checking account. Turned out this caused big shipping delays from sellers because of lag with check clearing policies at the bank. I switched to PayPal thru a credit card, now faster shipping.
Who\'s yer Data?

Charlie Chops 1940

As of late October eBay no longer allows sellers to accept money orders or payments other than Pay Pal in many instances. I believe vehicles can be done the same as they have been.

Don't take my word for it, be sure to research thoroughly.

Charlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

BFS57

Quote from: "Charlie Chops 1940"As of late October eBay no longer allows sellers to accept money orders or payments other than Pay Pal in many instances. I believe vehicles can be done the same as they have been.

Don't take my word for it, be sure to research thoroughly.

Charlie

I guess that the EBAY HOG is trying to keep it all in the family! I have accepted money orders for some of my auctions (strictly small potatoes) and I have not heard anything to the contrary!

Bruce

58 Yeoman

I believe that Oct. 20 was the cut-off date.  You can also use any other online bill paying service is the way that I understand it.  What a rip!  The gov't must have their hand in it somehow.... :roll:
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

Charlie Chops 1940

Quote from: "58 Yeoman"I believe that Oct. 20 was the cut-off date.  You can also use any other online bill paying service is the way that I understand it.  What a rip!  The gov't must have their hand in it somehow.... :roll:

Not to sound too paranoid but I see the push for payment with records kept in the eBay system possibly matching the desire of the states to have a way to collect sales tax.

I can visualize a system where eBay sells the info all sorted out by person, state and tax due to each state's internal revenue system.

SURPRISE! You get a bill from your state IRS for tax due.

Charlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

enjenjo

QuoteNot to sound too paranoid

You are not paranoid. the state of Ohio tracks UPS cigarette shipments from on line stores, and you get a bill for the tobacco tax. :shock:
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

unklian

Eventually, Ebay will collect the taxes.

No need to send you a bill.

Crosley.In.AZ

the tax man cometh  ... part of the Change headed our way

:shock:
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)