winter upgrade options

Started by reborn55, October 30, 2008, 10:38:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

reborn55

Since my ___ 47 Chevy convetible is still with us, I figured wife and I would sit down this weekend and see what upgrades our budget could stand this winter. I am looking to move the master cylinder to the firewall so I can use the dual cylinder--wanting to replace the 55 Chevy front seat with either a split bench or power buckets and then redo the interior---powder coating the top hold downs---. Couple of questions for you experts. I am only pulling about 11 inches of vacuum at ilde which may not help with a power booster (I have a Midland booster on it now which seems to work OK), and want to know what would be the best way to go installing dash mounted booster. Have looked at the universal kits and seem pretty straight forward--I have A * dash which would require more unit modification.

What would be good donor seat--they have to be low profile. I have a set of 8 way power Lincoln buckets, but they are way to tall--would look kinda sill in the car I think.

Just looking for some opinion from some of you builders and convertible owners. Can't break the bank, but maybe a couple of upgrades might help in the reselling of this thing.

Thanks

phat46

Quote from: "reborn55"Since my ___ 47 Chevy convetible is still with us, I figured wife and I would sit down this weekend and see what upgrades our budget could stand this winter. I am looking to move the master cylinder to the firewall so I can use the dual cylinder--wanting to replace the 55 Chevy front seat with either a split bench or power buckets and then redo the interior---powder coating the top hold downs---. Couple of questions for you experts. I am only pulling about 11 inches of vacuum at ilde which may not help with a power booster (I have a Midland booster on it now which seems to work OK), and want to know what would be the best way to go installing dash mounted booster. Have looked at the universal kits and seem pretty straight forward--I have A * dash which would require more unit modification.

What would be good donor seat--they have to be low profile. I have a set of 8 way power Lincoln buckets, but they are way to tall--would look kinda sill in the car I think.

Just looking for some opinion from some of you builders and convertible owners. Can't break the bank, but maybe a couple of upgrades might help in the reselling of this thing.

Thanks

My two cents worth;  I think the stock seats look great , most other  year or beand of stock seats stuck in these cars just look like that, like some other stock seat just  stuck in there! They don't seem to fit the car like the originals. I'd love to have mine redone in a nice leather with a pattern that i have in mind sewn into them. And they ride like  another set of springs on the car, very comfy!  :lol:

reborn55

I agree with you. The 55 seat in the car now is very comfortable--but just a bit too wide for the car.  Any seat that I put in there will have to be mounted further back than the original seats to accomodate my 6'6" frame.  I had stocks seat in my first 48 and were comfy but __
Thanks

enjenjo

I had a split bench out of a Lincoln in my 47 Chevy, fit nice, and very comfortable.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

enjenjo

I believe it was about an 85, Towncar I think. I modified the seat latch so they would tilt forward to get in the back seat. They originally reclined, but didn't tilt forward.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.