I've been banned!

Started by Normspeed, October 24, 2008, 10:38:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Normspeed

Heck, I got a new email address with Google (gmail) and when I tried to change my profile, it says my email address has been BANNED!  What the...?

purplepickup

Norm, having met you, I understand completely :wink:
George

Normspeed

Took 'em a while to catch on, eh? :wink:

enjenjo

We have had some problems with spammers and G mail That's why it's banned. Fatcat can take care of it.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Topsterguy

Hey Norm!  I haven't even met you but I've seen emails about you from all over the world, and seen a lot of notices in washrooms all over the US when I've been down there at rod runs!  Waddaguy!!!!  Heh Heh Heh, just funnin!
"If a man is alone in the forest and speaks, and there\'s no woman around, is he still wrong?"

unklian

A lot of boards no longer accept Gmail addresses due to spambots.

Or maybe it's just personal.

Fat Cat

Quote from: "unklian"A lot of boards no longer accept Gmail addresses due to spambots.

Or maybe it's just personal.

No it is not personal. I am a gmail user as well and we do have some users on the forums that have gmail addresses that were signed up before the removal of that option. It just became an issue to have to delete up to 300 user accounts a day that were trying to sign up with gmail addresses. So I was forced to add the email domain @gmail.com to the ban list.

Norm if you send me a PM with the email address I can enter it manually and then your gmail account can get notification messages.

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "Fat Cat"
No it is not personal. I am a gmail user as well and we do have some users on the forums that have gmail addresses that were signed up before the removal of that option. It just became an issue to have to delete up to 300 user accounts a day that were trying to sign up with gmail addresses. So I was forced to add the email domain @gmail.com to the ban list.

300 a day you had to delete!?  wow!
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

Dennis the Menace

See, first you move to N.M. and then you get banned. Some one has your number.
Dennis :lol:
Photo Guy: WWW.hotrodhotline.com
Dennis  8)

UGLY OLDS

Gee Norm..that's too bad.. :cry:  Hope you enjoyed your stay with us..   :roll:  Best to you in the future... :b-d:   :lol:

All that aside..how do you like Deming  :?:  :?:

Bob........ :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

Grandadeo

He's having a great time in Deming.  His only regret was having to leave his two Hooter's Girls back in El Lay.  So far he's only been able to find a Cooters in Deming.

Lee
Salt Is Good... Mk 9:50

RAJ484

Wait...we get banned if we live in NM??????? Im changing my profile right now!!!!  :shock:
It drove into my garage...it DID drive back out!!!

enjenjo

Quote from: "RAJ484"Wait...we get banned if we live in NM??????? Im changing my profile right now!!!!  :shock:

Only if you are Norm.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

RAJ484

Dont I feel better!!!  :D
It drove into my garage...it DID drive back out!!!

UGLY OLDS

QuoteOnly if you are Norm.
[/quote]

What a relief... :D  That means us "Ab-Norm" folks have nothing to worry about  :?  :lol:

Bob.............. :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****