Update pictures of the COE

Started by 348tripower, October 23, 2008, 05:53:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

348tripower

I have been doing a little work to this beast. Comments are welcome. Enjoy :D

Don Colliau

rx4ord

That's not a COE. It's an EBC. Engine Behind Cab. Cool truck. Great balance and traction. Well done. Dave
When I was young I went hard and fast.Now I\'m old I still go hard, only slower

Danimal

So, when is the maiden voyage?

348tripower

Quote from: "Danimal"So, when is the maiden voyage?

I think it will move under it's own power this weekend. It runs,but the carb is flooding over really bad. Gotta pull it apart and clear the crap out. :D
Don
Don Colliau

348tripower

Quote from: "rx4ord"That's not a COE. It's an EBC. Engine Behind Cab. Cool truck. Great balance and traction. Well done. Dave

Thanks! :D  I don't think I will be able to sneak up on anyone with it. :lol:
But, I don't generally take the subtle approach. :shock:
Don Colliau

phat46

Hmmmm, looks like ya got room for a hot tub back there!!!!  :lol:

GPster

I notice the last cross-over in the bed is welded to the truck frame. Is that just for construction purposes or did you give up on the dump bed for engine access idea?Sure looks   l..o..n..g. be hard to get it in the basement at Cobo Hall. You sure make use of your time efficiently. GPster

348tripower

Quote from: "GPster"I notice the last cross-over in the bed is welded to the truck frame. Is that just for construction purposes or did you give up on the dump bed for engine access idea?Sure looks   l..o..n..g. be hard to get it in the basement at Cobo Hall. You sure make use of your time efficiently. GPster

No dump bed here. It is no linger that a four door short bed 1500 truck. Just looks it. I could get it in COBO. It is a possibility. :D
Don Colliau

purplepickup

Nice job so far Don.  It's going to be a cool truck. 8)

Quote from: "phat46"Hmmmm, looks like ya got room for a hot tub back there!!!!  :lol:
There was one that was a regular Power Tour participant that had a hot tub in the back.  They had lots of fun!
George

Danimal

For inspiration, not that you need any. Love the bed. Looks great. You going to put some tubes under the outside edge to give it that rolled '54 Chevy bed look?

If you need mufflers, let me know, I might be able to come up with some from the 'scrap' hopper at work. Sometimes they are scratched and dented or are test pieces.

rumrumm

Nice work. Keep those photos coming!
Lynn
'32 3W

I write novels, too. https://lsjohanson.com

jaybee

Purty coool...and it looks like you could haul those 12' sheets of drywall in it, too.  Subtle, no, but subtle is overrated.  ;)
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)

moose

Nice progress Don. Where die you find a brake that long to make the bed sides or are they shorter than they look?

Tim

348tripower

Danamal,
 I have the tubing for the bed roll. That is a project for this weekend. I'll let you know on the mufflers, but I hope the son in law kicks in on this project.

Moose,
 A place in Dundee has a 12' brake. A guy at work hooked me up. The sides 32x 137 and the two ends are 32x 55. I also had them bend me up  4 1x3 angles 12' long. all 14 gage. Total with tax $365.00. I thought that was very good. :D  

I still have to get running boards and stake pockets. I will get the prints drawn and have the same guy give me a price. I will also get with my old class mate here in town and get a price from him. His only limitation was the 8 foot brake.

I am really having fun with this. For a guy that swore off anymore projects. :lol:
Don Colliau

moose

Quote from: "348tripower"
Moose,
 A place in Dundee has a 12' brake. A guy at work hooked me up. The sides 32x 137 and the two ends are 32x 55. I also had them bend me up  4 1x3 angles 12' long. all 14 gage. Total with tax $365.00. I thought that was very good. :D  

That is a heck of a good price!
I still have to get running boards and stake pockets. I will get the prints drawn and have the same guy give me a price. I will also get with my old class mate here in town and get a price from him. His only limitation was the 8 foot brake.

Just proves "SIZE" does matter :wink:  :lol:  :roll:
I am really having fun with this. For a guy that swore off anymore projects. :lol:

I have discovered that the next project is always the last one  :shock:
Gonna have to stop by to eye ball it. Is the Cider mill open on Sundays still?

Tim