TP Tools in Ohio

Started by Crosley.In.AZ, October 17, 2008, 08:42:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crosley.In.AZ

I've bought sand blasting equipment from this place over the years.... hoses , nozzles , for a unit .

A quick look at their new catalog ,  then the web site....  it seems  they do not offer sand blasting parts now for the out door type of blasting... only blasting cabinets now.

I am curious what happened?
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

Bruce Dorsi

TP Tools spun off their (pressure) sandblasting division awhile ago into a separate company called Truman's.  ......I believe it was due to liability.

Here is a link with info about Truman's:

http://www.san-blast.com/
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

If being smart means knowing what I am dumb at,  I must be a genius!

Rich Guzman

It probably has more to do with Enviromental issues than anything else. Over the last few years I have noticed, In my industry (industrial/petrochem) that any blasting being done outside, now has to be enclosed in some way, or contained most large structures have scafolding erected around them and the they are wrapped in plastic 100% top, bottom and sides so that 100% of the material removed can be cleaned up and does not get back into the enviroment... Some of the more publicly exposed jobs, say for instance water towers get totaly enclosed in a canvas shell. Even down at NASA in order to "refurbish" the Saturn IV they have on display they built a multi-millon dollar (your tax dollars) airconditioned building around the rocket to balst/strip and repaint the rocket. I think this is starting to trickle down to us normal people and the result is it is becoming difficult to locate that type of equip. Look at Ace-Sandblasting .com they arent all that far away from where tp is so maybe it's local for you, they are in Holland Mi.  :roll:
Temporarily stranded in the Panhandle

Crosley.In.AZ

that explains a few things with the blasting equipment .

Thank you.

:T)
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)