Big Block Chev water plumbing

Started by bcjones, June 16, 2004, 03:15:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bcjones

Help me please.  I have a Big Block Chev and am trying to sort out the heater plumbing.  There are two outlets on the water pump (one at the top of the water pump, one at the bottom of the water pump) and one on the front of the intake manifold - How do I plumb this into my 2 heater hoses?  Thanks for your help

sirstude

You need the preformed bypass hose to go from the top of the water pump to the front of the intake.  The heater hose goes from the lower fitting on the water pump to the top of the intake manifold.  Little different than a small block.

Doug
1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

Watcher of #974 1953 Studebaker Bonneville pas record holder B/BGCC 249.945 MPH.  He sure is FAST

www.theicebreaker.us

bcjones

Quote from: "sirstude"You need the preformed bypass hose to go from the top of the water pump to the front of the intake.  The heater hose goes from the lower fitting on the water pump to the top of the intake manifold.  Little different than a small block.

Doug

Hi Doug,  Thanks for the info.  I am still a bit confused though.   :?:  It makes sense to me that one heater hose goes to the lower water pump fitting, but I'm unclear as to where the second heater hose goes. If the preformed hose goes from the top of the water pump to the front of the intake, where is the other fitting on the intake manifold to put the other heater hose?  I hope you can enlighten me.  Thanks Brendon

:idea:

sirstude

Brendon,

There should be a fitting in the front center, below the thermostat housing, not the top of the intake for the bypass.  There should be another fitting on the top of the water crossover on the passenger side of the intake to hook the heater hose to.  There probably is another fitting on the top of the water crossover on the driver side to put the temperature sender in.  I know all of my big block manifolds have 3 holes beside the thermostat on them.

Doug
1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

Watcher of #974 1953 Studebaker Bonneville pas record holder B/BGCC 249.945 MPH.  He sure is FAST

www.theicebreaker.us

bcjones

Hi Doug,  That is exactly what I needed to know.  Thanks for your help.  The motor is going into a 34 Ford Hot Rod.  My mates laughed at me when I said I was going to put in a heater, but my wife and kids will really appreciate it.  Cheers Brendon