Metric brake fittings

Started by 348tripower, September 30, 2008, 09:00:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

348tripower

Can anybody here tell me if a 1996 Chevy 1500 has metric fittings on the hard lines connecting to the rubber fronts and rubber rear?
Thanks,
Don
Don Colliau

enjenjo

maybe. Easiest way to tell, the tube will be bubble flared, instead of a typical double flare.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

wayne petty

yes they do....  have metric lines...

here is a link to the edelman brake line catalog download page...

http://www.plews-edelmann.com/brochure.cfm?brochure=1879&location_id=2517

there is one page in it that describes all the different sizes , shapes, lengths...    

knowledge is king....

know more than the parts guys...  

wayne...

wayne petty

they may have metric fittings...  more than likely...

here is a link to the edelman brake line catalog download page...

http://www.plews-edelmann.com/brochure.cfm?brochure=1879&location_id=2517

there is one page in it that describes all the different sizes , shapes, lengths...     have a look at page 50 of 68...

knowledge is king....

know more than the parts guys...  

wayne...

a tip....

once in a while working on usually hondas... you end up with a short  extra high strength bolt.. that is 10MM X 1.0 pitch... get a 12.9 hardness nut to match...
this is the most common size of metric fitting threads...   these pair in your tool box will save hours and hours... many times to do weird bends close to the masters and clutch masters... the fitting gets crossthreaded.. the first threads get bunged up...   using this high strength bolt to fix the threads really helps.. be sure to put it on the fitting...  once they work with the nut and bolt... you have a much better chance of getting them together straight...    this should also work with sae inverted flair fittings... except... they don't have that many threads above the inverted flair seat... i had a long long long time ago... one that i put a stack of nuts on.. threw it in a lathe and counter bored the end...   this allowed it to thread in a lot farther without damaging the inverted flair seat...